Who we are
Looking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place. We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members. For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
- You will be Engineer of the watch, monitoring in engine room- watchkeeping temperature, pressures, other assignment in Engine Room reporting to ECR team and Staff Chief Engineer
- You will Comply with QMS (Quality Management System) and LMS (Learning Management System) requirements.
- You will do preventive maintenance of technical equipment of the assigned sub-department, including necessary repair works.
- You will assure the safe management if an engineering watch implementing the ERM System
- You must be holder of a national engineer certificate of competency ( COCIII/1 unlimited) as per STCW regulations
- You need to have at least 2 contracts in similar position on board, on Cruise vessels will be plus
- You must have excellent English communication skills
- You are motivated and willing to learn
- You are guest and service oriented and able to lead and motivate teams
Why join us
Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Costa is the largest Italian travel group and the European number one cruise operator; proudly the only company in the cruise industry sailing the Italian flag.
From the beginning, we operate with passion to make our guests find the most wonderful places to over 250 destinations worldwide in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the United Arab Emirates, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, plus Round-the-World cruises, offering them the opportunity to discover countries and to meet different cultures, with respect for their identities.
We enjoy an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming. We are team-oriented and know that diversity of thought and ideas are key to growing personally and professionally.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community of more than 19,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are young, explorers and pioneers with a passion for making human connections with each other and across the world.
Your career is an exploration of your potential. Embark on your career journey where you explore your talents and skills, and see each accomplishment as a beginning for your next experience.
Are you ready to join?