Customs & Immigration Purser
Who we areLooking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place. We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members. For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the Position
Manages, updates and keeps safe all Guest identification data collaborating for the relevant Authorities, Port Agents and shore side offices, in order to ensure efficient and effective administrative operations management, in accordance with Company procedures
- Controls Visa and Passports and verifies all non-EU documents, in order to ensure that all documents are in compliance with requested prerequisites, according to Company procedures
- Coordinates with Port Agent regarding all requests during the Port of Call, in accordance with Company procedures
- Informs Deck and Hotel Department at every departure in order to update status of Guests and Crew on board, in compliance with Company procedures
- Prepares onboard final Guest List and distributes the list to all Heads of Department and to Port Agent, according to Company procedures
- Prepares all necessary Customs manifest and landing cargo manifest, according to Company procedures
- Provides information and send communication concerning “Family Request” and “Family & Friends” for Crew members, in compliance with Company procedures
- Checks the documents of external technicians that embark to provide maintenance support, in accordance with Company procedures
- Secondary School
- At least 1 year in similar position
- MS Office Package
- Two European languages spoken, at least B1/B2 level
- English knowledge B2
- Italian knowledge is an advantage
- Shipboard experience is required
Why join us
Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts.
Costa is the largest Italian travel group and the European number one cruise operator; proudly the only company in the cruise industry sailing the Italian flag.
From the beginning, we operate with passion to make our guests find the most wonderful places to over 250 destinations worldwide in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the United Arab Emirates, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, plus Round-the-World cruises, offering them the opportunity to discover countries and to meet different cultures, with respect for their identities.
We enjoy an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming. We are team-oriented and know that diversity of thought and ideas are key to growing personally and professionally.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community of more than 19,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are young, explorers and pioneers with a passion for making human connections with each other and across the world.
Your career is an exploration of your potential. Embark on your career journey where you explore your talents and skills, and see each accomplishment as a beginning for your next experience.
Are you ready to join?