Medical Facility Operations Manager
Who we are
Looking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place. We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members. For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
- Supervise all daily administrative operations associated with the Hospital and Laboratory
- Ensuring Hospital compliance with policies and regulations and acts as the point of contact for policy and procedures changes
- Monitor the inventory for medications and medical equipment and organize for resupply
- Lead a team of Hospital Assistants / Secretaries and coordinate efforts with the Clinical and Laboratory Team (Doctors, Nurses, Hospital Biologists, Lab Technicians) to a proper and organized response
- Supervises and where required, carries out administrative functions within the Hospital area, i.e. maintaining records, checking inspection intervals or medical devices, control and document the Maintenance module in the planned maintenance system, administering SeaCare environment
- Prepares and adjusts working schedules for the hospital team in collaboration with the Chief Ships Doctor
- Supervising IT related matters
- Aims to meet and maintain the hospital’s budget
- Continuous evaluation of room for improvement in Hospital operations
- To liaise with the Outbreak Management Team from the hospital standpoint all administrative medical operations
- Ensure induction and training of new medical and administrative hospital staff
- Senior Nurse with on-board experience or
- Degree in Healthcare Management / Medical Administration / Practice Management with two or more years of hospital experience or
- Proven experience working in a managerial position in a clinical or medical setting
Why join us
Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts.
Costa is the largest Italian travel group and the European number one cruise operator; proudly the only company in the cruise industry sailing the Italian flag.
From the beginning, we operate with passion to make our guests find the most wonderful places to over 250 destinations worldwide in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the United Arab Emirates, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, plus Round-the-World cruises, offering them the opportunity to discover countries and to meet different cultures, with respect for their identities.
We enjoy an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming. We are team-oriented and know that diversity of thought and ideas are key to growing personally and professionally.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community of more than 19,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are young, explorers and pioneers with a passion for making human connections with each other and across the world.
Your career is an exploration of your potential. Embark on your career journey where you explore your talents and skills, and see each accomplishment as a beginning for your next experience.
Are you ready to join?