Fleet Public Health Officer
Who we are
Looking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place. We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members. For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
- Monitoring the correct implementation on board of all applicable Public Health standards and legal requirements including any associated documentation
- Performing Public Health training on board and supporting when required the compiling and updating of training material
- Develop the skills of on board managers and crew to deal with Public Health issues effectively
- Assist in the compilation and maintenance of relevant Public Health procedures, records and documents as required
- Prepare reports of any audits, investigations, inspections and training activities undertaken and carry out the necessary follow-up actions needed in order to help maintain required Public Health standards
- Mentor and train newly appointed Public Health Officers onboard.
- Formal degree / Higher Certification in food-sanitation management from a recognized International institution and/or any relevant Environmental Health related degree, diploma or qualification including technical qualifications with Public Health elements (e.g. water safety, air system safety, pool & spa safety etc)
- Any other post graduate qualifications relevant to food safety, infectious disease control, pest management, Health and Safety or Public Health
- Previous experience in Public Health aspects onboard cruise ships would be beneficial
- Thorough knowledge of the CDC’s Vessel Sanitation Program is desirable
- Very good English skills as well as proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- High degree of service and quality orientation as well as a sense of responsibility, flexibility and ability to communicate effectively
Why join us
Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts.
Costa is the largest Italian travel group and the European number one cruise operator; proudly the only company in the cruise industry sailing the Italian flag.
From the beginning, we operate with passion to make our guests find the most wonderful places to over 250 destinations worldwide in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the United Arab Emirates, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, plus Round-the-World cruises, offering them the opportunity to discover countries and to meet different cultures, with respect for their identities.
We enjoy an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming. We are team-oriented and know that diversity of thought and ideas are key to growing personally and professionally.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community of more than 19,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are young, explorers and pioneers with a passion for making human connections with each other and across the world.
Your career is an exploration of your potential. Embark on your career journey where you explore your talents and skills, and see each accomplishment as a beginning for your next experience.
Are you ready to join?