Who we are
Looking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place. We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members. For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the Position
As Tour Expert, you will be the focal point of the excursions offered within the cruise itinerary transmitting your passion for discovering destinations, their history, art and culture to our Guests. To reach the target assigned, you will use your marked propensity to sales and service, especially during visits to ports of call
- Establishing, developing and maintaining relationships with Guests on-board and on-tours to generate new business selling packages.
- Maximizing revenues for the tours area suggesting new opportunities.
- Organizing back-office activities by preparing all support material (i.e. tickets, stickers, maps).
- Overseeing the correct organization of excursions and transfers from start to finish.
- Reporting to the Tour Manager about Guests needs and interests, scouting for new products and services opportunities in liaison with other departments whenever needed.
- Secondary school (Tourism or Languages is a plus)
- Degree in languages tourism communication is highly appreciated
- Experience in Sales or Tour Operator is a plus
- Enthusiastic and good communicator
- At ease with public speaking
- Expert of sales techniques
- Problem solving oriented
- Computer literacy
- English knowledge B2
- Other language knowledge C1
- Italian knowledge is an advantage
- Shipboard experience is a plus
Why join us
Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts.
Costa is the largest Italian travel group and the European number one cruise operator; proudly the only company in the cruise industry sailing the Italian flag.
From the beginning, we operate with passion to make our guests find the most wonderful places to over 250 destinations worldwide in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the United Arab Emirates, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, plus Round-the-World cruises, offering them the opportunity to discover countries and to meet different cultures, with respect for their identities.
We enjoy an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming. We are team-oriented and know that diversity of thought and ideas are key to growing personally and professionally.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community of more than 19,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are young, explorers and pioneers with a passion for making human connections with each other and across the world.
Your career is an exploration of your potential. Embark on your career journey where you explore your talents and skills, and see each accomplishment as a beginning for your next experience.
Are you ready to join?