- Costa Crociere
- Entertainment Jobs
- Light Technician, Sound Technician
- May 10, 2023
Who we are
Looking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place. We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members. For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the Position
Assures adequate technical support to the entertainment activities, for example in the lounges and swimming pool areas, through the correct use of the technical equipment present on board and in accordance with the operating instructions.
- Operates and controls sound, light and video forecast on a daily basis to assure the correct execution of all entertainment activities in accordance with the Company procedures.
- Supplies all equipment (e.g., microphones, lights, videos, music) according to the requests and needs to support entertainment activities and groups.
- Scrupulously follows the cruise program and assures the correct timing and airing of videos, background music and lights in the lounge areas.
- Provides the correct arrangement of lights, sound and music in order to ensure the execution of the evening performances in the public areas.
- Reports all problems and malfunctioning concerning equipment to the Entertainment Technical Manager, to provide a fast and effective solution.
- Stores all equipment in the lockers to guarantee conformity with the inventories in compliance with Company rules.
- Supports external service suppliers in case of extraordinary maintenance and provides routine maintenance to guarantee the correct functioning of all equipment.
- Assists the disembarkation of musicians and facilitates the embarkation of the new ones in order to assemble the instruments and organise the new sound and light set up.
- Takes an active part in a work environment that support a successful safety culture and is a dynamic contributor in following safety policy and procedures.
- Secondary school
- At least 1 year experience in technical services or theatre
- Basic knowledge of sound, video and light techniques
- English knowledge B1
Why join us
Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts.
Costa is the largest Italian travel group and the European number one cruise operator; proudly the only company in the cruise industry sailing the Italian flag.
From the beginning, we operate with passion to make our guests find the most wonderful places to over 250 destinations worldwide in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the United Arab Emirates, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, plus Round-the-World cruises, offering them the opportunity to discover countries and to meet different cultures, with respect for their identities.
We enjoy an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming. We are team-oriented and know that diversity of thought and ideas are key to growing personally and professionally.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community of more than 19,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are young, explorers and pioneers with a passion for making human connections with each other and across the world.
Your career is an exploration of your potential. Embark on your career journey where you explore your talents and skills, and see each accomplishment as a beginning for your next experience.
Are you ready to join?
Share this page: