Who we areLooking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place. We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members. For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
- Performing daily checks of main switchboards and substations with capacity assessment of their normal operating range and understanding correctly electrical symbol and having a good working knowledge of electrical schemes and drawings.
- Performing the operations of medium/low voltage and all switchboards on board, and in particular the emergency switchboard. Must understand force distribution with full knowledge of the exact locations of substations and major utilities. Must know the correct measures to adopt in the framework actions.
- Performing the management system of interventions in the Guest’s area, in particular learning how to process correctly the Work Request (WR) and Work Order (WO) and performing the operation of the existing types of engine on board, the general checks to be made within the various deadline, the checks and maintenance that must be made in particular to the electrical motors, transformers, propulsion and electrical panels.
- Helping the Electrician Officers to perform the operation of the existing types of Safety Equipment (Lifeboat Electrical Winches, Lifeboat Electrical Motors, Emergency Light batteries, etc.).
- Performing the operation of electrical machines and their location in relation to deck machinery to assist in maneuvers (windlass, mooring winches, etc.), Galley equipment (Dishwashers, Ovens, etc.), Laundry machineries (Washing, Mangles, etc.) and Bar machineries.
- BSc in Electronic or Electrical Field and Industrial Automation. Certified Electrician in his/her own country is a plus.
- At least 2 year experience as Electrician on board vessel and 2 years’ experience on shore in industrial plant in maintenance service.
- Holding COP III/7 per STCW is mandatory
- Good English language skills
Why join us
Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Costa is the largest Italian travel group and the European number one cruise operator; proudly the only company in the cruise industry sailing the Italian flag.
From the beginning, we operate with passion to make our guests find the most wonderful places to over 250 destinations worldwide in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the United Arab Emirates, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, plus Round-the-World cruises, offering them the opportunity to discover countries and to meet different cultures, with respect for their identities.
We enjoy an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming. We are team-oriented and know that diversity of thought and ideas are key to growing personally and professionally.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community of more than 19,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are young, explorers and pioneers with a passion for making human connections with each other and across the world.
Your career is an exploration of your potential. Embark on your career journey where you explore your talents and skills, and see each accomplishment as a beginning for your next experience.
Are you ready to join?