The Security Guard is responsible for the control of entry to the ship during Gangway Operations and the screening process as described in the Security Manual in SQM. Actual times to be detailed by ships routines.
The Security Guard will patrol the ship during the night time hours and implement the Master’s Rules and Regulations. He/she is under the supervision of the Watch keeping Officer while acting as a Response Guard or while on the ship's safety rounds. The Chief Officer Safety and/or Security Officer/Deputy Security Officer and Security Supervisor will be on call to assist him/her should an
- Candidates are required to have four (4) years experience in at least one of the following areas; Army /Maritime/Aviation/Police or Hotel Security environment. The Security Guard should have experience in physical security with special emphasis on access control, security screening methods, security screening equipment operation and training ability (x-ray, metal detector, explosives/narcotics detection).
- The Security Guard must have the ability to operate in a multinational environment.
- Organizational skills combined with literacy and basic knowledge of computers is preferred for this position.
- He will hold the STCW required Basic Safety Training. They will be thoroughly versed in, and familiar with, the operation and handling of all related security screening and emergency equipment used on board the ship.
- He should have prior knowledge of the ISPS code.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese, German or any other language is preferred.
HOW TO APPLY?
Apply thru https://rclctrac.com/pages/description/280/no or click 'APPLY' from this post and upload your photo and updated resume.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!