The Store Manager oversees the guest experience, business management and revenue results of WiFi, iLounge, Technology & Electronics Retail, Other Retail and Photography services and operationsonboard Celebrity Cruises. The Store Manager oversees a team of minimum 4 and maximum 12 and is responsible for the successful delivery of these products, experiences, and services.
Specific tasks may include accounting, scheduling, reporting, staff training and development, succession planning, liaising with onboard and shore-side teams, environmental compliance (where applicable), inventory control, marketing, and promotions, and driving the business forward in accordance with company goals. The Store Manager must be able to learn how to effectively operate the relevant systems/software for the Wi-Fi and Photo operations.
The Store Manager is accountable for achieving, and striving to exceed, revenue goals and guest satisfaction scores on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. The position is also responsible for the co-ordination of production, merchandising and sales to maximize profits for the Wi-Fi, Photography, iLounge & Retail. The Store Manager must work towards achieving profitable results while maintaining full compliance and professional integrity of all policies. The position is expected to project the highest level of professionalism to the staff and guests while offering quality customer service to all. Key areas of focus also include business management, performance management and compliance.
Shore Excursions & Destination Experiences Support• Scheduled time in the Shore Excursions area to support the guest experience • Dispatch duties to assist with the tour debark process • Assigned duties as a Tour Escort to assist guests and audit the tours offered by the cruise lineThis position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's safety, quality and environmental standards.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
• Supervisory experience or previous management of people or projects required.
• Must have computer literacy, knowledge of and experience using Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word and Microsoft PowerPoint.
• Be able to operate other advanced computer systems, touch-screen kiosks and perform basic computer troubleshooting procedures.
Required technical qualifications:
• IOS and Android operating systems
• iCafe management (assignment of vouchers and packages) (ideal, but not required)
• Central Management Tool (CMT) & IQ photography system (ideal, but not required)
• Lightroom, Photo key and Photoshop (ideal, but not required)
All shipboard employees must be able to communicate in the English language to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors, and co-workers.
• All shipboard employees must be able to communicate in the English language to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors, and co-workers.
• While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Extensive travel from ship to ship with varying accommodations and resting opportunities require good health. Active management of health through diet and exercise is a key for prolonged success in the position.
• All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!