Carpenter / Upholsterer (Shipboard)
Carpenter / Upholsterer (Shipboard)
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: Chief Carpenter
The Carpenter / Upholsterer is a member of the Carpentry Department and assists with all carpentry work, upholstery, and general repairs on and around the yacht to ensure guest and employee areas are maintained to the highest standards of safety and comfort. The Carpenter / upholsterer promotes that all Gold Standards and Brand Culture are embraced by the team at all times, particularly when assisting guests and Ladies and Gentlemen.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Responsible and works with the Chief Carpenter for the proper operation of the Carpenter Shop, equipment, inventory and consumables
- Responsible for carrying out, to the highest professional standards, woodwork building and repair, upholstery, and other general carpentry work in all employee and public areas including guest suites
- Promotes the highest levels of safety and environmental compliance, the Carpenter / Upholsterer is responsible for general maintenance of all carpets, doors, locks, furniture, and woodwork in employee cabins, guest suites, and public areas including safety items such as ceiling panels and Fire Screen Doors
- Participates in mooring and anchoring activities if required
- Offers outstanding experiences to our guests, and ensures equipment is maintained to the highest standards, the Carpenter Upholsterer assists with Launching, recovery and maintenance of Zodiacs and other watersports equipment
- Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
- Two (2) years’ experience in a similar rank onboard a cruise vessel
- Excellent woodworking, carpentry and upholstery skills
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman mustnoccasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
Designed to combine the luxury lifestyle of The Ritz-Carlton® and the casual freedom of a yachting vacation, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection will offer voyages on the first of three custom-built yachts in 2020. Calling on unique and distinguished destinations alike, most voyages range from seven to ten nights, offering many overnight calls and uniquely curated experiences ashore. Each yacht will feature 149 suites, each with its own private terrace, and accommodate up to 298 guests in a relaxed, casually elegant atmosphere. As with The Ritz-Carlton® on land, each yacht will feature personalized service, elevated dining and luxury amenities.