Hair Stylist (Shipboard)
Hair Stylist (Shipboard)
Department: Spa & Wellness
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: Assistant Spa Manager
The Hair Stylist is responsible for delivering the Gold Standards’ philosophy within the Spa and Wellness facility. This role is accountable for ensuring that all guests receive treatments and service in line with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and the Spa standard operating procedure protocols. Treatments may include Blow Dry, Hair Treatments, Haircuts and all treatments outlined in the Hairstylist’s Menu. The Hairstylist will assist with salon services when required, including but not limited to guest check-in, enquiries, general reception duties and assisting with maintaining the Spa and Wellness facility.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Provides hair treatments for guests onboard according to client’s instructions or current hairstyles, using Spa equipment provided (for example: clippers, combs, hand-held blow dryers and scissors). Hair treatments include, but are not limited to, shampooing hair, cutting and trimming hair, curling / straightening hair, providing neck / head massages, etc.
- Possess thorough knowledge of Hairstylist menu and retail products in order to assist guests by providing information and suggestions on all product and services within the Spa and Wellness Facilities
- Provides confident support to the retail area by providing guests with useful home care products and advice
- Stays informed of the latest styles and hair care techniques
- Ensures confidentiality and discretion are maintained at all times regarding guest information and activities
- Responds to issues or problems immediately and efficiently involving relevant Ladies and Gentlemen as required, as well as reports any challenges, complaints or service difficulties to the Spa Manager
- Completes required reports and owns administration (scheduling, program creation, etc.)
- Assists with Salon services when required, including but not limited to guest check-in, enquiries and general reception duties and assisting with maintaining the Spa and Wellness facility
- Ensures the Beauty Salon, Spa and Wellness areas are clean, tidy and safe at all times
- Ensures adherence and compliance with all Public Health, safety and environmental regulations and all guidelines established by the Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and public health standards
- Cleans and sterilizes work area as well as all tools and equipment following the public health and safety standards
- Monitors the status of all spa equipment, tools and venues and immediately notifies the Supervisor if there is any maintenance or repairs required
- Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
- An internationally accredited Hairstylist and Barber certification from a recognized facility
- Minimum five (5) years' experience working as a Hairstylist in a luxury facility
- Superior knowledge and experience in Spa and Luxury hotels and / or luxury cruise industry preferred
- Strong, primary focus on the Wellness and Hair industry, with the ability to recommend and confidently talk about guest requirements
- Sales experience; friendly and approachable
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
Designed to combine the luxury lifestyle of The Ritz-Carlton® and the casual freedom of a yachting vacation, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection will offer voyages on the first of three custom-built yachts in 2020. Calling on unique and distinguished destinations alike, most voyages range from seven to ten nights, offering many overnight calls and uniquely curated experiences ashore. Each yacht will feature 149 suites, each with its own private terrace, and accommodate up to 298 guests in a relaxed, casually elegant atmosphere. As with The Ritz-Carlton® on land, each yacht will feature personalized service, elevated dining and luxury amenities.