Spa & Beauty Therapist (Shipboard)
Spa & Beauty Therapist (Shipboard)
Department: Spa & Wellness
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: Assistant Spa Manager
The Spa & Beauty Therapist is responsible for ensuring that all guests receive Spa treatments and services in accordance with the Gold Standards and the Spa SOP protocols. Massage treatments may include remedial, relaxation and other specific massage techniques or signature massages outlined in the Spa and Wellness Menu if certified to perform such techniques. The Spa & Beauty Therapist is also required to provide other beauty and body treatments including but not limited to facial treatments, nail services, scrubs, wraps and rituals outlined in the Spa and Wellness Menu if qualified to do so and after successful completion of brand training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Provides massage, body, facial and beauty treatments from the Spa Menu for guests onboard in accordance with the company's standards
- Possesses thorough knowledge of Spa Menu and retail products to assist guests by providing information and suggestions on all products and services within the Spa and Wellness Facilities
- Conducts a thorough health and skincare consultation prior to each service to deliver a personalized experience for each guest. Confirms contra-indications, allergies or any other health or skin-related conditions prior to providing each service
- Provides confident post treatment care recommendations as well as offering support to guests within the retail area Achieves individual and group targets in sales as required, as well as promoting the upselling of spa treatments, products, packages, special promotions and other events
- Achieves individual and group targets in sales as required, as well as promoting the upselling of spa treatments, products, packages, special promotions and other events
- Stays informed of the latest Spa and Wellness trends within luxury
- Ensures confidentiality and discretion are maintained at all times regarding guest information and activities
- Responds to issues or problems immediately and efficiently involving relevant Ladies and Gentlemen as required, as well as reports any challenges, complaints or service difficulties to the Spa Manager
- Assists with Spa reception duties when required, including but not limited to guest check-in / check-out, enquiries, general reception duties and assisting with maintaining the Spa and Wellness facility
- Ensures the treatment rooms, Spa and Wellness areas are fully operational and replenished as per brand standards, as well as clean, tidy and safe at all times
- Cleans and sterilizes work area as well as all tools and equipment following the public health and safety standards
- Ensures adherence and compliance with all Public Health, safety and environmental regulations and all guidelines established by The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and public health standards
- Monitors the status of all spa equipment, tools and venue and immediately notifies the Spa Manager if there is any maintenance or repair required
- Ensures Spa Manager is informed about stock levels and leads by example when it comes to product usage and cost control procedures
- Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
- An internationally accredited Diploma/Certification in Massage Therapy and Beauty Therapy from a recognized facility
- ITEC, CIBTAC, CIDESCO or NVQ Diploma/Certification is preferred
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working as a Spa / Massage Therapist and Beauty Therapist / Aesthetician in a luxury facility
- Superior knowledge and experience in Spa and Luxury hotels and/or luxury cruise industry preferred
- Excellent knowledge of anatomy, physiology and skincare
- Strong, primary focus on the health and wellness with the ability to recommend and confidently talk about guest requirements
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills, friendly and approachable. Excellent team player Sales experience and a luxury approach to sales
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
Designed to combine the luxury lifestyle of The Ritz-Carlton® and the casual freedom of a yachting vacation, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection will offer voyages on the first of three custom-built yachts in 2020. Calling on unique and distinguished destinations alike, most voyages range from seven to ten nights, offering many overnight calls and uniquely curated experiences ashore. Each yacht will feature 149 suites, each with its own private terrace, and accommodate up to 298 guests in a relaxed, casually elegant atmosphere. As with The Ritz-Carlton® on land, each yacht will feature personalized service, elevated dining and luxury amenities.