Assistant Repairman - Aqua
- Royal Caribbean Group
- Engine / Technical Jobs
- May 17, 2023
Responsible for maintaining the water chemistry, water quality, filtration, dosing and mechanical functions of all pool and fountain equipment (including but not limited to pumps, filter units, chemical dosing, recording equip., etc.). Maintaining aqua systems to comply with all USPH maintenance and reporting requirements. Maintain all the pools and Jacuzzis-related machinery and equipment onboard in good running condition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s The Royal Way, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental, and safety policies. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various venues and throughout the ship.
- In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
- Responsible for maintaining all pools, Jacuzzis, fountains, flow riders, and associated technical equipment in working order. Including pipe and hose replacement as well as mechanical repairs, if required.
- Maintains all pool, jacuzzi, and fountain water chemistry and operations reports required by USPH and SQM.
- Must be Shipboard Pool Technician certified (COP is also adequate).
- Performs routine and unplanned maintenance required to keep all aqua venues fully operational.
- Report daily to the Facilities Manager (or to the FM Repair Supervisor Aqua for Freedom & Genesis class vessels) to make sure required Aqua venues are ready to meet operational requirements.
- Coordinates with the proper authority (FM, Bridge, or ECCR) for draining and refilling of pools and Jacuzzis.
- Notifies the Facilities Manager (or the FM Repair Supervisor Aqua for Freedom & Genesis class vessels) immediately of the malfunction of any equipment that is safety, security, and operational related issues.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses, and all other work-related activities as required.
- Performs related duties as required. Should have basic knowledge of shipboard repairman and plumbing activities and procedures. May be called upon to assist with these functions in emergencies or under certain circumstances. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree.
- Previous supervisory experience in a water park environment is essential.
- Minimum five years of previous experience in a water park environment with a minimum of three years of supervisory responsibilities of maintaining the water-related equipment and areas in good working condition.
- Expertise in the maintenance of water pumping, water chemistry, filtration, and monitoring equipment.
- Ability to apply customer service skills, according to Royal Caribbean International's The Royal Way when interacting with guests and coworkers.
- Ability to learn and utilize knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function.
- Ability to supervise a team of repairmen in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing, and managing employees as they work.
- Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance or recommend termination of employment.
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Must be willing to work on board for 8 months
How to apply?
- Apply thru https://ops.rclctrac.com/pages/description/299/yes or click 'APPLY' from this post
- Upload your Photo and updated Resume
- Once your online application is complete, please send an email to hidden link - please login with this subject line: Job Opportunity – Assistant Repairman Aqua
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!
Share this page: