A unique opportunity to begin your career or to enhance your already existing hospitality experience on board a river cruise ship, sailing along the European Rivers.
You ensure that all the guests are completely satisfied with the food and service. You are responsible for a friendly, efficient and professional service in the restaurant and guarantees a maximum satisfaction of the guests. You serve passengers with drinks and food, keeps menus clean, maintains cleanliness.
You are accountable directly to the Restaurant Manager (Maître D’ or Head Waiter).
- Be Flexible to assist in Bar Department if necessary and if supervised by the Restaurant or Hotel Manager.
- The employee will have to be able to assist in areas outside the restaurant for ship operation purposes such us loading of food and supplies.
- Escorting customers to their tables
- Preparation and setting of tables according to the standards
- Presenting menus to the guests and answer questions about menu items, making recommendations upon request
- Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems
- Explaining how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods
- Serving food and/or beverages to guests
- Handling difficult guests with discretion
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and takes them to kitchen for cleaning
- Wine knowledge
- Always remains clean, well-groomed and friendly to the guests
- Ability to move up and down the stairs that might connect the galley with the restaurant (depending on the vessel)
- At least three or four years of hotel or prior ship experience in a comparable position
- Very Good command of English. Knowledge of German or French Language will be considered as an advantage
- Hospitality degree in relevant subject will be considered as an advantage
- Know-how of food placement according to its category (i.e. fish, meat, beverages etc.)
- Ability to work long hours
- A flexible and motivated team player
- Friendly, polite clean and hygienic appearance
- Stress resistant and willingness to fo the extra mile when required
- Possibilities for career progression and personal development
- Competitive Salary plus tips and bonuses
- 4 vacation days per month
- Free medical coverage
- Reimbursement of the travel expenses to/from the ship
- Share cabin facilities provided and Free meals