Chef de Partie
Chef de Partie on board a River Cruise Ship sailing along the European Rivers responsible for the preparation and distribution of daily meals to the maximum satisfaction of the guests under the supervision of the Sous Chef and the Executive Chef. A highly skilled professional who is familiar with all aspects of food.
The CDP reports directly to the Executive Chef or Sous Chef.
Flexible to assist and/or cover for the Pastry Chef or Sous Chef.The employee will have to be able to assist in areas outside the Galley for ship operation purposes such us loading of food and suppliesFlexible in the preparation of hot and cold dishes
- Supplying the highest level of customer care and service
- Preparing and cooking various types of dishes, fish, meat, soups, vegetables
- Responsible for good usage of the food and inventory as directed by the Head Office
- Adhering to company procedures in regards to temperature checks, food labelling and dating, cleaning schedules and hygiene regulations and ensuring that all records of such are updated and kept.
- Maintaining the work area to a clean, hygienic and tidy state at all times
- At least two years of hotel or prior ship experience in a comparable position
- Good command of English language
- A degree/diploma from a culinary school
- Ability to work long hours
- Qualified in preparing cold foods / baked foods
- Stress resistant
- A flexible and motivated team player
- Possibilities for career progression and personal development
- Free medical coverage
- 4 vacation days per month
- Reimbursement of the travel expenses to/from the ship
- Share cabin facilities and Free meals are provided