Animator – Ballroom Dance Teacher
Who we areLooking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place. We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members. For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
- Experience in ballroom and Latin dancing as professional dancer and/or teacher (mandatory: Valzer, Tango, Mazurka, Cha cha cha, Salsa, Bachata, Merengue)
- Secondary school (Languages or Tourism is a plus)
- Enthusiastic, creative and good communication skills, at ease with public speaking.
- English knowledge B1
- Involves Guests in dancing activities and cocktail parties to entertain them and offer lively professional dancing experience fostering socialization and removing language barriers.
- Organizes the dancing activity planning to meet Guests expectations and needs and shares it with the Chief Adult Animator for approval.
- Creates all choreographies for the theme parties and collaborates with the Animation team in daily and evening activities as part of the group.
- Promotes and organizes private dancing lessons to meet Guests requests and maximize revenues.
- Welcomes Guests when embarking and keeps in contact with them during the cruise or promote the dancing activities.
- Manages Guests complaints taking direct action or addressing them to the Chief Adult Animator or the involved department to provide a fast and effective solution.
- Could collaborate with other departments when needed and in accordance with entertainment working schedule to maximize revenues.
Why join us
Community, you will be empowered with specific trainings and development support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as well as many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, onboard discounts.
Costa is the largest Italian travel group and the European number one cruise operator; proudly the only company in the cruise industry sailing the Italian flag.
From the beginning, we operate with passion to make our guests find the most wonderful places to over 250 destinations worldwide in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the United Arab Emirates, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, plus Round-the-World cruises, offering them the opportunity to discover countries and to meet different cultures, with respect for their identities.
We enjoy an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming. We are team-oriented and know that diversity of thought and ideas are key to growing personally and professionally.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community of more than 19,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are young, explorers and pioneers with a passion for making human connections with each other and across the world.
Your career is an exploration of your potential. Embark on your career journey where you explore your talents and skills, and see each accomplishment as a beginning for your next experience.
Are you ready to join?