Chef de Partie - Pastry
Ensures the smooth and efficient operation and control of the Bakery Shop and production on a day-to-day basis according to the company policies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
To support Celebrity Cruises’ mission of becoming “the world’s ultimate premium cruise line with a taste of luxury,” all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Celebrity Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental regulations. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.
- Directs, coaches supports supervises, and evaluates (in conjunction with the Pastry Chef/Executive Chef) the performance of all direct reports.
- Responsible for the production, quality, and presentation of the bread assortment to be used in the daily menus.
- Prepares production forecasts and records leftovers to avoid unnecessary waste and keep food costs within the budget.
- Supervise the set up of the bread display in the various buffets.
- Ensures the cleaning of the bakery shop as per the Executive Chef’s schedule, exercising proper methods to minimize equipment damage.
- Responsible for the requisition and transportation of the necessary items from the leading stores to the bakery shop.
- Ensures recipes/master lists and yields are in accordance with the company’s standards.
- Completes the daily consumption re-cap as required by the Executive Chef.
- Accountable for daily production recap.
- Accountable for coaching and training the Cook Baker.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of 3-4 years relevant experience or same level and role in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise ship, or convention banqueting service (shipboard experience is an advantage)
- Good English communication skills (oral and written)
- Willing to work onboard for at least 6 months
- Has a valid passport copy
- Willing to undergo the training required by the maritime institute
How to apply?
Apply thru hidden link - please login or click "APPLY" from this post. Upload your photo and updated resume and complete the necessary information. Once your online application is complete, please send email including your CV to hidden link - please login with this Subject: Career Opportunity_LinkedIn Application- Chef De Partie
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!