In-Suite Dining Order Taker (Shipboard)
In-Suite Dining Order Taker (Shipboard)
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: In-Suite Dining Supervisor
The In-Suite Dining Order Taker supports the day-to-day operation of In-Suite Dining. This position coordinates between the front of house and the galley to ensure timely and quality delivery of orders. This person will play a crucial role in ensuring the satisfaction of our guests by promptly and accurately taking their food and beverage orders and ensuring their requests are met in a timely manner. They will be the primary point of contact between guests and the yacht's culinary team, delivering a seamless dining experience to our valued guests.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the Lady or Gentleman for this job. Functions, duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Greet guests warmly, answer questions about the menu, and provide recommendations when asked
- Take room service orders over the phone and in person, ensuring accuracy in recording special requests and dietary preferences
- Accurately input orders into the hotel's ordering system, ensuring all details are correctly recorded, including guest room numbers and delivery times
- Confirm orders with guests to ensure their requests are correctly understood
- Liaise with the kitchen and bar staff to ensure the timely preparation and delivery of orders
- Relay any special requests, allergies, or dietary restrictions to the kitchen staff
- Suggest additional menu items, beverages, or specials to enhance the guest's dining experience and increase revenue
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with guests, addressing any issues or concerns promptly and effectively
- Handle guest complaints or requests for modifications to orders with tact and in compliance with hotel policies
- Coordinate with the Room Service Servers and Server Assistants for the timely delivery of orders to guest rooms
- Keep accurate records of orders, including room numbers, order details, and guest preferences
- Prepare and maintain order logs and reports as required
- Stay informed about menu changes, daily specials, and promotions
- Valid Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers (STCW) and flag certification for the duration of the contract and appropriate to position
- Strong knowledge and experience in Public Health rules and regulations related to USPH and HACCP
- Previous In-Suite Dining Supervisor or Manager experience in a five-star restaurant or onboard a luxury cruise restaurant environment
- Excellent working knowledge of food, beverage and international cuisine
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The Lady or Gentleman must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- All Yacht Ladies and Gentlemen must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we set the standard for rare and special luxury service throughout the world.
The Ritz-Carlton has taken the legendary service to sea with The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection and seeks experienced luxury cruise hospitality professionals to become one of our Ladies and Gentlemen.
Designed to combine the luxury lifestyle of The Ritz-Carlton® and the casual freedom of a yachting vacation, The Ritz-Carlton Yacht Collection will offer voyages on the first of three custom-built yachts in 2020. Calling on unique and distinguished destinations alike, most voyages range from seven to ten nights, offering many overnight calls and uniquely curated experiences ashore. Each yacht will feature 149 suites, each with its own private terrace, and accommodate up to 298 guests in a relaxed, casually elegant atmosphere. As with The Ritz-Carlton® on land, each yacht will feature personalized service, elevated dining and luxury amenities.