The Artwork Coordinator plays a crucial role in keeping the Art booklet and specifications up to date for every ship in the MSC Cruises Fleet. They also have a key role in determining the budget, quantity, and sizes of the Artwork for new ships. Working closely with the Director and the Head of Architecture for each brand, they collaborate to develop strategies and select Art for presentation to the Owner for approval.
- Defines the Artwork Budget for each New Building Vessel
- Produces Booklets and Specifications with dimensions and locations for each piece of Artwork on board
- Prepares briefs and design directions for the Artists to follow the Architectural concept of the Areas required
- Prepares monthly presentations to update the Owner on progress made, and presents options for approval
- Researches potential new Artists for special assignments
- Negotiates with suppliers and ensures that budgets are adhered to
- Coordinates with the Yard and the New Building department regarding the integration of the Artworks in the drawings, providing solutions for their fixation and installation on board.
- Coordinates the order process, the framing activity, and the delivery of artwork to the Yard.
- Supervises the installation of artwork on board the ship during the delivery phase.
- Experience working in a similar capacity
- Experience working in an Art Gallery, Museum, Cruise Industry, Hospitality Industry
- Qualification in Interior Design / Design / Art Studies / Architecture
- Fluent English language skills – additional language ability is a benefit
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Strong IT Skills – including Excel, Power-Point, Auto-cad
- Active problem solver and team player
- Valid Driver Licence (preferred)
Right to work in the UK.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN US AND SEE HOW MUCH YOU CAN GROW!
MSC Cruises has grown exponentially since 2003. In such a short time, we have built a fleet of 21 modern and most environmentally advanced ships!
With our constant expansion, our fleet will grow in capacity with the arrival of eight new ships in three different classes by 2027.
One of our latest ships – MSC World Europa – was delivered in 2022, inaugurating the World Class. It is our largest cruise ship to date, with a capacity of over 6,700 passengers, served by more than 2,000 crew members.
In 2022 we also inaugurated the MSC Seascape which features new immersive high-tech entertainment with innovative technology that provides guests with endless leisure options.
From 2023 MSC Cruises will enter the Luxury segment by launching its first of four Explora Journeys ships. The ships will be equipped with the best and latest environmental technology and bestowed with a highly-innovative design.
With four new mega-ships and four Luxury ships to be built and delivered between 2023 and 2027, the biggest and most important challenge for MSC Cruises is to find, recruit and train a high number of new crew members needed to provide the service, fun and safety that have become hallmarks of MSC Cruises.
This massive project is already well under way. The Human Resources Team is not only working to recruit the best talents but is also visiting our manning agencies and hiring partners around the world to ensure that the right people and facilities are in place to prepare this ‘army’ of new crew members for their life at sea.
We need motivated and ambitious crew members who work with passion and understand the value of a smile.