2nd Cook Baker
To support Royal Caribbean Cruises mission of all duties ISM/ISO and SQM standards, USPH guidelines, and environmental regulations.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.
In accordance with Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crewmember areas.
- Responsible for the production, quality and presentation of the bread assortment to be used in the daily menus.
- Assists the Head Baker in preparing production forecasts and recording leftovers in order to avoid unnecessary wastage and keep food cost within the budgets.
- Assists in the set up of the bread display in the various buffets.
- Must have a complete knowledge of the United States Public Health rules and regulations and ensure that they are followed on a daily basis.
- Ensures the cleaning of the bakery shop as per the Executive Chef’s schedule, exercising proper methods to minimize equipment damages.
- Ensures that the Bakery is ready for any announced or unannounced USPH inspections done either by the ship’s management or USPH inspectors.
- Responsible for the requisition and transportation of the necessary items from the main stores to the bakery shop when assigned.
- Ensures recipes and yields are in accordance with the company’s standards.
- Assists the Head Baker with the completion of the daily consumption re-cap as required by the Executive Chef.
- Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and crewmembers with inquiries.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Financial responsibilities for budget, expenses and/or achievement of revenue targets.
- This position is responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and equipment.
People management responsibilities to ensure optimal performance of the function.
- Monitors and manages the various assigned workstation functions. Monitors the assignment of duties and responsibilities to his/her staff. Observes and evaluates staff and work procedures to ensure quality standards and service are met. Makes recommendations regarding personnel actions such as new hire requests and discharges, to ensure adequate and continuous staffing. Inspects workstations, work areas, equipment, etc. to ensure efficient service and conformance to standards.
- Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to his/her staff to strengthen their current performance and preparation for future advancement.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!