2nd Cook Pastry
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various service venues and throughout the ship.
- In accordance with Royal Caribbean Cruises’ Pillars of Safety, Service and Style, as well as through Celebrity Connections, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crewmember areas.
- Directs, coaches, supports, supervises and evaluates (in conjunction with the Pastry Chef) the performance of all direct reports.
- Works with the Pastry Chef or Head Pastry in the pastry shop or specialty galley. Assignments will be changed from time to time for training purposes.
- Works on the pastry production and will be directly involved in the quality, consistency and quantities of the product.
- Assists with the transportation of food items from the main stores to the pastry shop.
- Duties include the cleaning and sanitizing of his/her working area and working utensils following the United States Public Health rules and regulations and all times, as well as in charge of temperature logs.
- Will be assigned from time to time in an early standby in the pastry area for USPH purposes.
- Will be assigned from time to time to be on late duty on the midnight buffet service.
- Is aware of, and/or acquires the necessary knowledge to comply with the ship’s standard operation, in order to assist guests and crewmembers with inquiries.
- Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
- Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!