2nd Cook Pantry
- Proof of cook apprenticeship completion or equivalency.
- Six to eight years experience cooking and preparing food in a 4 or 5 star hotel, restaurant or high volume food service facility. Written references from former employers are required.
- Ability to read, interpret and demonstrate the preparation of recipes for all basic meat, fish, sauce and side dishes according to Royal Caribbean International’s brand standards. The demonstration includes advanced cooking methods such as braise, sauté, broil and grill and the use of a variety of knifes to slice, dice, chop, julienne, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of food handling procedures with regard to HAACP and public health standards.
- Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment to meet overall established timeframes for the entire food service operation. Ability to communicate tactfully with department heads, coworkers and other shipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Demonstrated aptitude for the financial aspects of a food operation, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control. Demonstrated aptitude for the management of headcount within assigned area, as it relates to and supports the business needs of the vessel.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal service including needs assessment, problem resolution and achievement of quality service standards.
- Knowledge of policies and practices involved in the human resources function. Ability to manage the international staff in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work. Ability to utilize and administer the disciplinary action process through coaching and counseling to improve performance or terminate employment.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety software packages such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
- Demonstrate a high standard of leadership, constructive communication and organization skills.
- Knows and follows Company Standard of hygiene and good practice of USPH and HACCP, Set Culinary standard compliance
- Use of internal computer Systems, and Programs.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!