Commis 1 Sushi
Commis 1 Sushi is responsible for preparing and cooking high quality foods according to Royal Caribbean International's corporate recipe standard. Primarily assist the Station Head and be capable for executing heavy production demand on a daily basis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Each culinary shipboard employee reports to their workstation assignment on time and properly groomed and dressed according to Royal Caribbean International’s The Royal Way. This includes a clean uniform, name tag, chef’s hat, apron, hair net for ladies and specified safety shoes and appropriate personal protection equipment.
- Collaborates with the assigned station-head, usually the Chef de Partie or Sous Chef to review the requirements of the day’s meals and time frames for restaurant service. Takes part in ordering and cost controlling food requisitions to avoid over production and unnecessary food wastage. Follows Company recipes to produce consistent results.
- Adhere to all sanitation requirements including product rotation, temperature maintenance log, storage procedures, cooking requirements and handling techniques with regard to HACCP, public health standards and kitchen cleanliness. USPH, a plus.
- Maintains cleanliness of all utensils and equipment in their assigned section, taking care not to splash water inside the electrical components to prevent damage. Handle carefully all equipment by placing them in the right storage areas and never allowing anything to drop onto the floor while transporting to other location. Report immediately to supervisor any equipment that is out of order or needs to be repaired.
- Understand and follow Time and Attendance policy, take initiative to prevent unnecessary overtime by organizing work station and planning ahead by anticipating menu requirements.
- Attends meetings, training activities, RCCL culinary training course and all other work-related activities on time.
- Identifies basic food items from the galley and provision room.
- Follow Company and departmental environmental practices to minimize wasted energy and resources.
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!