Sales Manager - Cruise
- December 21, 2010
- Retail Jobs
- About $2500 nett
Would you like to manage a store that moves around the world?
Are you interested in working with and meeting people from other cultures and earn exceptional income?
Do you have a proven track record of maximizing sales results and managing a sales team?
Do you possess strong people skills and focused on the customer experience?
If yes, then this opportunity is for you!
Starboard is a wholly-owned subsidiary of LVMH (Moët Hennessey - Louis Vuitton). Starboard is the world's largest and leading duty free retailer, operating onboard over 80 cruise ships worldwide with more than 1,000 employees around the world. We offer cruise ship passengers world-class brands and exclusive merchandise with tax and duty free savings. Together with our cruise line partners, our goal is to provide an unforgettable, exciting vacation shopping experience.
In addition to analyzing sales and inventory reports, the retail sales manager will be in charge of motivating and coaching a sales team to help them achieve and exceed the sales goals established by Starboard's Corporate team, headquartered in Miami, FL. The manager will train staff on product knowledge, selling techniques, safety procedures, proper operation of POS systems, proper reporting of potential loss, and on customer service skills.
One of the primary goals of the retail sales manager is to ensure that outstanding guest service is being delivered while promoting high quality retailing standards to ensure customer satisfaction and increased profitability. The retail sales manager will ensure that the merchandise received is displayed correctly based on Visual Merchandising standards. When necessary, the manager will report damaged merchandise or inadequate levels of inventory to management.
Job skills and experience required
- 3-5 years experience of retail management experience
- At least 3 years experience in overseeing a sales team
- High school diploma required
- College coursework in retail/hospitality or business administration preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to deal with customer complaints in a professional manner
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (both orally and in writing)
- Ability to travel abroad for 6 months at a time
- Accommodation Jobs (173)
- Beauty Jobs (45)
- Casino Jobs (19)
- Child Care Jobs (32)
- Deck & Engine Jobs (195)
- Entertainment Jobs (127)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (701)
- IT Jobs (10)
- Land Based Jobs (96)
- Management Jobs (70)
- Medical Jobs (18)
- Office Jobs (90)
- Photography Jobs (15)
- Retail Jobs (38)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (26)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (17)
- Other Jobs (74)