Job Title: Electronics Officer
Reports to: Chief Electrician (First Officer Electrician)
He is responsible for the electronic control and monitoring systems regulating the electrical/mechanical system aboard cruise ships. Operates, maintains, repairs and troubleshoots electrical/mechanical systems and controls regulating medium voltage variable frequency drives and auxiliary machinery required to power, propel and navigate the vessel, including: motorized valves, telelevels, engines, generator sets, connected controllers and switchgear, and navigation systems as well as the vessel facilities' lighting, air, signal, communications, and video monitoring system. He is familiar with low voltage system, switchboards and telephone sets.
He is required to follow company safety and pollution prevention policies and procedures and will request supervisory guidance when necessary.
He is familiar with the ISM Code and its requirements and with all duties under the Costa's Safety Management System including Emergency Response Activities
We are looking for applicants having the following qualifications:
- fluency in English in both reading and writing;
- Certified as electrical / electronics Officer in charge of an engineering watch other than second engineer officer on ships powered by main propulsion power of 750 kw propulsion power or more (unlimited) (as to regulation III/1 of STCW convention); always unlimited;
- A good knowledge of automation systems (Valmarine automation system is a plus; ABB automation for vessels is appreciated) as well as the working and maintenance of main engines and generators (especially Wartsila), auxiliary machinery, electric and support system such as boilers, fuel centrifuges, air compressors, pumps, hydraulics, hotel systems, plumbing, refrigeration, heating and air conditioning;
- Good communicational skills also with other nationalities;
- Computer literate in Amos D or Infoship, Word / Excel and lotus notes e-mail;
- Flexibility, an analytic mindset, enthusiasm, stress resistant;
- Aged between 25 and 35
- Two to three years of similar experience on international passenger vessels and on cargo or ro/ro / petrolchimical or container ships;
- Previous experience as an electrician in shipyards or on board vessels is appreciated
- Valid SIRB and Passport
- Medically fit
Salary: information will be available to screened candidates. Pls. quote Your monthly salary on resumé and other bonuses, if any.
Contract rotation: 5 months on board / 2 month off
Benefits: officer status
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
The recruiter advertising this job can accept applicants only from Western Europe and Central Europe for this position.
Costa Cruises is a leading Italian cruise line providing Italian style holidays for couples and families.
If you recognise yourself in the values that characterize the “Costa style”, if you left school with top grades or graduated with honours, if you think you can work well in a dynamic organization and you fluently speak a foreign language, send us your curriculum.