At Royal Caribbean International, we believe that great vacations begin with great employees! As a leader in the cruise line industry, RCI is continuously expanding and seeking dynamic, energetic, experienced professionals to join our team. With our innovative fleet of twenty-one ships visiting five continents, each offering adventurous ways to explore the globe, this could be a great opportunity to let your career set sail with us.
Royal Caribbean International currently requires Commis 1. Commis 1 is responsible for preparing and cooking high quality foods according to Royal Caribbean International's corporate recipe standard and primarily assists the Station Head in executing heavy production demand on a daily basis.
In addition to other requirements, potential candidates should have minimum 3 - 4 years kitchen experience in a 4 or 5 star hotel, restaurant or high volume food service facility.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Collaborates with the assigned station-head, usually the Chef de Partie or Sous Chef to review the requirements of the day's meals and time frames for restaurant service. Takes part in ordering and cost controlling food requisitions to avoid over production and unnecessary food wastage.
- Practices at all times HACCP and onboard sanitation and hygiene standards, in compliance with ship's international itinerary.
- Knows and operates all equipment according to Company's standard operating procedures. Adjusts thermostat controls to regulate temperature of refrigerators, ovens, broilers, grills, roasters, steam kettles, etc.
- Organize and prepare mis en place. Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe to prepare soups, salads, gravies, desserts, sauces, and casseroles.
- Minimum 3 - 4 years kitchen experience in a 4 or 5 star hotel, restaurant or high volume food service facility.
- Proof of cook apprenticeship completion or equivalency.
- Ability to read, interpret, demonstrate culinary fundamentals and knife skills.
- Possesses sound knowledge of food handling procedures with regard to public health standards and kitchen cleanliness.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.
***PLEASE KINDLY APPLY TO THIS POSITION ON THE FOLLOWING WEBSITE TO BE CONSIDERED: ***
If you are interested in viewing other opportunities, please visit our company website:
- Accommodation Jobs (149)
- Beauty Jobs (50)
- Casino Jobs (44)
- Child Care Jobs (22)
- Deck Jobs (74)
- Engine Jobs (124)
- Entertainment Jobs (125)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (682)
- Guest Services Jobs (99)
- IT Jobs (9)
- Land Based Jobs (113)
- Management Jobs (53)
- Medical Jobs (26)
- Office Jobs (81)
- Photography Jobs (14)
- Retail Jobs (34)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (29)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (19)
- Other Jobs (15)