Second Engineer Officer
Second Engineer Officer (watchkeeper)
Be the Consummate Host by operating, inspecting, and maintaining engines, machinery, and equipment in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner to the highest professional standards.
- Understanding of external and internal customer service and its impact on our ability to deliver a unique and quality product.
- Motivation to excel in all aspects of job duties and responsibilities.
- Willingness to embrace all Company values and Service Credo and lead by example.
- Ability to adapt and adjust to a variety of circumstances.
- Ability to establish and maintain courteous and professional working relationships in a diverse cultural environment.
Equipment Maintenance and Operations
- Leads assigned watchkeeping officers and crew in operating all engine room machinery and equipment in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner, verifying compliance with relevant regulations, with particular emphasis on ETCC requirements.
- Consistently monitors, controls, and troubleshoots all engine machinery equipment while being on watch.
- Properly conducts and coordinates all assigned maintenance activities and accurate recording of work history through the computerized maintenance management system as laid down in the Company policies and procedures.
- Immediately reports all engine space machinery or equipment damage or malfunction to the First Engineer and raises work order per Company policies.
- Efficiently manages hotel defect chits and appropriately distributes outside of normal working hours.
- Conducts efficient briefings when handing over to the next set of watchkeeping engine officers, ensuring that all relevant departmental information is passed on to all involved.
Staff Development/ Management
- Cooperates with the First Engineer Officer in guiding watchkeeping engine officers and crew to ensure all Engine machinery and equipment is operated in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner within the requirements of the Flag State Administration, Classification Society, and Company policies and procedures.
- Assists in conducting and facilitating onboard training for watchkeeping officers and crew.
- Assists in providing accurate and timely performance evaluations (and performance improvement plans when required) for watchkeeping engine officers.
- Assists in all training and orientation for all new-to-vessel / first-contract engine watchkeeping officers.
Safety and Compliance
- Always performs all duties in accordance with applicable policies and procedures, Fleet Regulations, and other internal, external, and governmental regulations as directed.
- Adheres to all safety and environmental policies and procedures relevant to the Technical department at all times.
- Oversees the safe operation of all Engine machinery in accordance with the Code of Safe Working Practices, promulgating a strong safety culture at all times.
- Always follows timekeeping rules and creates accurate ILO records.
- Consistently monitors the General Emergency Organization to confirm efficient mustering, organization, and operation of Engine Technical department officers and crew.
- Verifies that all Engine aspects of port health authority requirements, policies and guidelines are met at all times.
- Fluent English, both verbal and written.
- Certificate of Competency, IMO STCW Cap III/2;
- STCW Certification according to the requirements for the position;
- Extensive experience in a similar or higher rank on board Cargo or Cruise ships;
Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
We serve. We respect our team. We innovate. We are consistent. We are accountable. We do it right.
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of 18 modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities.
Princess offers a fast-paced work environment with great opportunities for career development in a wide range of areas. Our goal is to be the employer of choice in the cruise industry. Regardless of the rank or role, we are one team with one dream at Princess Cruises.
Together, we share our world, share our hearts, and create lasting memories.