Assistant Systems Manager
Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
Assistant Systems Manager
Assists the Ship Systems Manager in maintaining all IT systems and equipment onboard vessel, maintains hardware, cabling systems, networks, software and other technical issues.
Together with System Manager he ensures to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
The Assistant System Manager Reports directly to the Ship Systems Manager and works closely together with the IT Technical Support Department at corporate office.
- Performs daily, voyage, monthly and other computer operations as detailed in Run Books and other documents.
- Supports all shipboard users to keep workstations in working condition, including PC workstations, Point Of Sale terminals, cabling systems, servers and related hardware. User requests must be responded to promptly during normal working hours and extended hours may be required as needed for mission critical systems support.
- Takes direction from Systems Manager as to division of responsibilities and assignments.
- Provides users basic training support in use of common PC software and specialized Property Management Systems.
- Follow directives of onboard management to adhere to all behavioral, safety and other rules for crew members and keep onboard management informed of any IT issues and policies that affect shipboard operations in their areas of responsibility.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
General support of systems and procedural activities in all departments onboard the vessel.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND ATTRIBUTES
- Must have some formal training in related IT hardware and software.
- A minimum of one years of practical experience dealing with IT systems with direct contact with application users, operation experience and systems administration.
- Must be able to do troubleshooting & repair of pc/printer hardware.
Associate Degree in Computer Science and/or related field from an accredited college or university and/or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
When you have the best people, you have the best river cruise line.
Across Europe, Russia, China and Southeast Asia, more people sail with Viking than any other river cruise line. With inspiring destinations, the largest fleet of 4 and 5 star ships, memorable experiences and fine cuisine, Viking is regularly voted the world’s favorite river cruise line.
Our guests return again and again because we also offer something more – exceptional service. The kind of service provided by exceptional people. If that sounds like you, and you’d like to be part of a forward thinking and fast-expanding company, we’d like to hear from you.
Our standards set us apart. So do our career opportunities.
At Viking, we care about your career as much as you do and we will give you the training, skills and confidence you need to be the best you can be. We even have a custom training program, the Viking College, to help you learn and sharpen your skills.
We offer great opportunities for promotion where you will be rewarded for your hard work, enthusiasm, initiative and sense of responsibility.
Our management team in Switzerland overseas all aspects of our operations – from shore excursions to catering and nautical operations – everyone works for the same company, with the same high standards that Viking is famous for. We look forward to hear from you!
Set sail for your career.