Assistant Systems Manager
Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
Assistant Systems Manager
Assists the Ship Systems Manager in maintaining all IT systems and equipment onboard vessel, maintains hardware, cabling systems, networks, software and other technical issues.
Together with System Manager he ensures to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
The Assistant System Manager Reports directly to the Ship Systems Manager and works closely together with the IT Technical Support Department at corporate office.
- Performs daily, voyage, monthly and other computer operations as detailed in Run Books and other documents.
- Supports all shipboard users to keep workstations in working condition, including PC workstations, Point Of Sale terminals, cabling systems, servers and related hardware. User requests must be responded to promptly during normal working hours and extended hours may be required as needed for mission critical systems support.
- Takes direction from Systems Manager as to division of responsibilities and assignments.
- Provides users basic training support in use of common PC software and specialized Property Management Systems.
- Follow directives of onboard management to adhere to all behavioral, safety and other rules for crew members and keep onboard management informed of any IT issues and policies that affect shipboard operations in their areas of responsibility.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
General support of systems and procedural activities in all departments onboard the vessel.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND ATTRIBUTES
- Must have some formal training in related IT hardware and software.
- A minimum of one years of practical experience dealing with IT systems with direct contact with application users, operation experience and systems administration.
- Must be able to do troubleshooting & repair of pc/printer hardware.
Associate Degree in Computer Science and/or related field from an accredited college or university and/or equivalent experience.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.