Good Spirits Bartender
Department: Beverage Services
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Set a course for adventure with Princess Cruises! The employer of choice in the cruise industry, our fleet of Love Boats offer exceptional facilities and extensive professional development and recreational programs for our valued teammates who hail from more than 60 countries around the globe.
An iconic brand beloved by millions, we love people who love what they do and work together to help our guests create a lifetime of wonderful memories while providing friendly, attentive and authentic service like only Princess can.
As a member of the Princess Family, you’ll enjoy a truly adventurous career with excellent incentives, unlimited opportunities for growth, and ports of call that will leave you breathless.
- Owns their experience areas and oversees the development, implementation and execution in alignment with the shipboard leaders for consistency in the guest experience
- Ensures all crafted Good Spirits beverages are made to order, are presented as per the rolodex standards and introduced in conjunction with the video clips when applicable.
- Follows guidelines and scripts given for the introduction of the Good Spirits crafted cocktails and can use audio / video appropriately.
- Collaborates with Bar Manager to review show times during the voyage and assists in identifying high traffic times when revenue and attendance can be increased.
- Attends either the Martini Demo or an individual Good Spirits Piazza demonstration as deemed necessary by the vessel to provide further exposure to guests
- Ensures Good Spirits promotional material is utilized in the correct way
- Ensures any beverages orders received through the MedallionClass application are fulfilled and served in a timely manner to avoid a negative guest experience.
- Prepares and consistently maintains a clean and sanitized, welcoming, and personalized experience for our guests in accordance to brand standards
- Anticipates and takes ownership of guest needs and requests.
- Actively learns and is knowledgeable to answer questions on product, policy, demographic, itinerary, and port information.
- Actively ensures that bar service teammates in the assigned beverage locations are acting as company ambassadors and displaying a positive and professional impression at all times.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Preferably a graduate of a recognized Hotel/Bar operation or bar school.
- Two years of experience in hospitality/cruise-related bartender position.
- Must have experience with Molecular Mixology or Bar shows.
- Experience and knowledge of USPH, the Beverage Industry, specializing in Wines, Cocktails, Spirits and all other beverage-related products including the service execution of all of the above.
- Excellent Bartending skills, able to develop and motivate and lead a large team.
- Ability to work under pressure and make decisions which positively impact the overall guest experience.
- Fluent English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Understanding of the foundation of guest service; ability and willingness to deliver outstanding service to our guests.
- Motivation to excel in all aspects of job duties and responsibilities.
- Personable communicator with outstanding social skills and a warm, friendly, and caring personality.
- Ability to continuously surprise and delight guests throughout their cruise experience.
- Commitment to establish and maintain courteous and professional working relationships in a diverse cultural environment.
Princess Cruises offers many benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, shared cabin accommodations, meals, exceptional amenities, and extensive learning and recreational programs available to all of our teammates.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess team. Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our Culture Essentials… Stronger together
Speak Up – Respect & Protect – Improve – Communicate – Listen & Learn – Empower
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities.
As a worldwide leader in premium cruising, Princess now offers the MedallionClass™ experience, an even more personalized vacation. Our smart ships feature everything from TrulyTouchless™ embarkation to on-demand delivery of drinks, food and more that makes cruising effortless and supports the wellbeing of our guests and teammates.
Our Princess team lives by our Shared Purpose and Core Values of Respect, Protect and Connect. We seek out people who want to share their passion for travel, work with the latest technology and join a friendly, diverse team to serve our guests and show them the world. We understand our responsibility to safeguard our teammates, our guests and our oceans, and our highest priority is to operate in a safe and socially responsible way every day.
As part of the Princess family, you’ll gain valuable cruise ship career experience representing one of the largest cruise lines in the world. We are extremely passionate about our work and offer a variety of reward programs to recognize employees who go above and beyond to provide our guests the best possible vacation experience.
Join our team and enjoy an adventurous career with great incentives, unlimited growth and worldwide travel opportunities.