APM Crew Chief
Department: Stage Staff
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: Snr Production Manager
Set a course for adventure with Princess Cruises! The employer of choice in the cruise industry, our fleet of Love Boats offer exceptional facilities and extensive professional development and recreational programs for our valued teammates who hail from more than 60 countries around the globe.
An iconic brand beloved by millions, we love people who love what they do and work together to help our guests create a lifetime of wonderful memories while providing friendly, attentive and authentic service like only Princess can.
As a member of the Princess Family, you’ll enjoy a truly adventurous career with excellent incentives, unlimited opportunities for growth, and ports of call that will leave you breathless.
- Our Automation Technicians or "Crew Chiefs" are natural, hands-on leaders who are able to motivate a team to excel in every facet of their role, able to build trust and have a highly organized and safety driven mindset.
- Whether it flies out, moves down, tracks on, trucks off, revolves, opens or closes, our state-of-the-art stage automation systems can do it, controlled, maintained and operated by our Crew Chief.
- Responsible for the safety of cast, company, entertainers and occasionally even our Guests on our theatre stages, Crew Chiefs must be able to react fast, anticipate problems and to see their resolution while leading our team of Stage Crew to produce high quality, dynamic events and entertainment.
- Maintenance of all automated stage systems, scenic elements, props and inventory requires attention to detail and a passion and understanding of theatre and entertainment industries while crew scheduling, team building, development and training all require great interpersonal skills, working closely with the Senior Production Manager to produce a solid goal driven team who can excel in facilitating fantastic, dynamic and cutting-edge entertainment programs.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years' industry experience in theatre or touring industries.
- An excellent understanding of safety and risk assessment procedures.
- Great communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with theatre automation consoles highly desirable.
- Command of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Understanding of the foundation of guest service; ability and willingness to deliver outstanding service to our guests.
- Motivation to excel in all aspects of job duties and responsibilities.
- Personable communicator with outstanding social skills and a warm, friendly, and caring personality.
- Ability to continuously surprise and delight guests throughout their cruise experience.
- Commitment to establish and maintain courteous and professional working relationships in a diverse cultural environment.
Princess Cruises offers many benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, double cabin accommodations, meals, exceptional amenities, and extensive learning and recreational programs available to all of our teammates.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess team. Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our Culture Essentials… Stronger together
Speak Up – Respect & Protect – Improve – Communicate – Listen & Learn – Empower
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities.
As a worldwide leader in premium cruising, Princess now offers the MedallionClass™ experience, an even more personalized vacation. Our smart ships feature everything from TrulyTouchless™ embarkation to on-demand delivery of drinks, food and more that makes cruising effortless and supports the wellbeing of our guests and teammates.
Our Princess team lives by our Shared Purpose and Core Values of Respect, Protect and Connect. We seek out people who want to share their passion for travel, work with the latest technology and join a friendly, diverse team to serve our guests and show them the world. We understand our responsibility to safeguard our teammates, our guests and our oceans, and our highest priority is to operate in a safe and socially responsible way every day.
As part of the Princess family, you’ll gain valuable cruise ship career experience representing one of the largest cruise lines in the world. We are extremely passionate about our work and offer a variety of reward programs to recognize employees who go above and beyond to provide our guests the best possible vacation experience.
Join our team and enjoy an adventurous career with great incentives, unlimited growth and worldwide travel opportunities.