2nd Engineer Officer
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Reporting To: Chief Engineer
Be the Consummate Host by operating, inspecting, and maintaining engines, machinery, and equipment in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner to the highest professional standards.
- Leads assigned watchkeeping officers and crew in operating all engine room machinery and equipment in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner, verifying compliance with relevant regulations, with particular emphasis on ETCC requirements.
- Consistently monitors, controls, and troubleshoots all engine machinery equipment while being on watch.
- Properly conducts and coordinates all assigned maintenance activities and accurate recording of work history through the computerized maintenance management system as laid down in the Company policies and procedures.
- Immediately reports all engine space machinery or equipment damage or malfunction to the First Engineer and raises work order per Company policies.
- Efficiently manages hotel defect chits and appropriately distributes outside of normal working hours.
- Conducts efficient briefings when handing over to the next set of watchkeeping engine officers, ensuring that all relevant departmental information is passed on to all involved.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Willingly cooperates with the First Engineer Officer in guiding watchkeeping engine officers and crew to ensure all Engine machinery and equipment is operated in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner within the requirements of the Flag State Administration, Classification Society, and Company' policies and procedures.
- Willingly assists in conducting and facilitating onboard training for watchkeeping officers and crew.
- Willingly assists in providing accurate and timely performance evaluations (and performance improvement plans when required) for watchkeeping engine officers.
- Willingly assists in all training and orientation for all new-to-vessel / first-contract engine watchkeeping officers.
Our Culture Essentials… Stronger together
Speak Up – Respect & Protect – Improve – Communicate – Listen & Learn – Empower
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities.
As a worldwide leader in premium cruising, Princess now offers the MedallionClass™ experience, an even more personalized vacation. Our smart ships feature everything from TrulyTouchless™ embarkation to on-demand delivery of drinks, food and more that makes cruising effortless and supports the wellbeing of our guests and teammates.
Our Princess team lives by our Shared Purpose and Core Values of Respect, Protect and Connect. We seek out people who want to share their passion for travel, work with the latest technology and join a friendly, diverse team to serve our guests and show them the world. We understand our responsibility to safeguard our teammates, our guests and our oceans, and our highest priority is to operate in a safe and socially responsible way every day.
As part of the Princess family, you’ll gain valuable cruise ship career experience representing one of the largest cruise lines in the world. We are extremely passionate about our work and offer a variety of reward programs to recognize employees who go above and beyond to provide our guests the best possible vacation experience.
Join our team and enjoy an adventurous career with great incentives, unlimited growth and worldwide travel opportunities.