Looking for a career in an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming? You have come to the right place.
Who we are:
We are a respected and valued diverse global community in terms of professionalism, multiculturalism, and skills, of more than 20,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures.
We are a company that listens. Our culture promotes an open, positive, and supportive work environment built with trust and transparency between leaders and team members.
For our members to become the talented professionals our Guests are looking for, key to our People’s Strategy is empowering our employees with outstanding training and development support to fuel their growth both personally and professionally.
Aim of the position:
The Ship’s Doctor is an experienced Registered Doctor responsible for providing appropriate day-to-day health care to Passengers and Crew Members.
Provide high quality healthcare to crew and passengers 24/7, through an outpatient and on-call service.
In emergencies, support the Chief Ship’s Doctor and other members of the medical team as required.
Manages cases of injury, disembarking crew or guests, medical visits/referrals ashore.
Ensures compliance with all company approved medical and public health procedures.
- Appropriate Medical Degree
- Appropriate Italian Medical registration at the OMC (Ordine Provinciale dei Medici Chirurghi ed Odontoiatri)
- Medical specialist (general medicine, surgery, internal medicine, emergency or anesthesiology) with profound general medical knowledge and experience
- A minimum of 3 years working experience post-graduate or post-registration
- Certification of Advanced Life Support or Advanced Cardiac Life Support, APLS, ATLS or equivalent or physician specialist training (e.g.: emergency medicine, anesthesiology, or critical care)
- X-ray capabilities and verification of valid radiation protection course
- A good command of written and spoken English
- A good knowledge of electronic data processing and computer literacy
- Availability for a contract of 3-4 consecutive months onboard
- A committment to Safety
- Able to work independently
- Respecting and applying Company Values being an example for others
Why join us:
We are excited to have you on the team! As a member of the Costa Crociere W.I.D.E.R. Community, you will be empowered with specific training and developmental support to fuel your growth both personally and professionally. We will provide you the necessary arrangements and pay for your travel to and from the port. Meals and accommodation are included onboard, as are the many facilities to enjoy your free time: Gym, Beach, Bar, Internet Point, in addition to perks such as onboard discounts.
Costa is the largest Italian travel group and the European number one cruise operator; proudly the only company in the cruise industry sailing the Italian flag.
From the beginning, we operate with passion to make our guests find the most wonderful places to over 250 destinations worldwide in Mediterranean, Northern Europe, the Baltic Sea, the Caribbean, Central and South America, the United Arab Emirates, the Far East, the Indian Ocean, plus Round-the-World cruises, offering them the opportunity to discover countries and to meet different cultures, with respect for their identities.
We enjoy an international environment rich in cultural diversity that is positive, friendly, and welcoming. We are team-oriented and know that diversity of thought and ideas are key to growing personally and professionally.
We are a respected and valued diverse global community of more than 19,000 people representing 70 different countries and cultures. We are young, explorers and pioneers with a passion for making human connections with each other and across the world.
Your career is an exploration of your potential. Embark on your career journey where you explore your talents and skills, and see each accomplishment as a beginning for your next experience.
Are you ready to join?