Entertainment Fly Operator - Celebrity Cruises
- Royal Caribbean Group
- Entertainment Jobs
- May 22, 2023
The Entertainment Fly Operator is responsible for the daily operation and maintenance of all performer flying equipment in the vessel’s main theatre and alternative entertainment venues. This includes operating and calling fly sequences during the cast production shows and theme events, and conducting regular inspections on the performer flying equipment and cast apparatus/harnesses.
The Entertainment Fly Operator is also responsible for attending all performances, rehearsals, aerial strength trainings, and any other event that involves use of the performer flying systems. The EOF will monitor and maintain organizational and industry safety standards on the operation and maintenance of performer flying systems, responsible for assisting the Stage & Production Manager / Technical Director with running the Headline Entertainer shows and coordinating all stage requirements of the Headline Entertainers. This includes setting tables, chairs, stools, dressing cables, et cetera, as well as acting as the communication point between the entertainers and the Entertainment Operator – Sound & Lighting as needed. The EOF will assist with all backstage resets, operate stage automation reset cues, and assist the Entertainment Staff with various technical tasks in the alternative entertainment venues as scheduled by the Stage & Production Manager or Technical Director.
Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company's Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in theatre (focus in theatre technology or entertainment rigging) from an accredited university or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in entertainment or theatrical technology work; stage hand, backstage, rigging and performer flying required.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with various entertainment rigging systems, including motorized hoists and winches, is required.
- Extensive knowledge of motorized performer flying systems, equipment, and safety standards.
- Experience working with performers in a multi-cultural setting.
- Basic knowledge of sound equipment set up, operation, and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of computers (Windows and Mac) and connecting to external devices such as projectors and TV screens, and relevant troubleshooting.
- Previous experience on cruise ships or touring an asset.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment to meet overall established timeframes.
- Ability to communicate tactfully with coworkers and other shipboard employees to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions.
- Able to work well in a fast-paced environment and adapt well to sudden changes.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!
Share this page: