Retail Assistant Manager
Would you like to be a part of a retail management team responsible for leading a team of retail sales associates and product specialists? If you are outgoing, have a proven retail sales and management background, and thrive on delivering excellent customer service… we would like to hear from you!
Harding is leading the way in innovative onboard cruise retailing, working closely with our cruise line partners and brand partners to ‘make every cruise better’. We stay at the forefront of retailing and consistently provide outstanding customer service, culminating in winning the Cruise Retailer of the Year award for 2022.
What you will be doing:
- Living and working on a cruise ship (you could be anywhere in the world!)
- Creating an exceptional and memorable retail experience for guests on board
- Leading and inspiring the team to provide exceptional customer service, whilst delivering sales and profit targets
- Setting an example for your team by acting as a role model
- Help identify training requirements within your team
- Take ownership of your client base including outreach to clients for events such as private sale, in-store events and product knowledge
- Consistently deliver the highest possible standards both on the shop floor and in back office operations
Who you are:
- Proven experience as an Assistant Retail Manager or Team Leader (ideally with experience at sea)
- Motivated in leading a team to achieve and exceed sales targets
- Excellent face to face customer service and sales ability, utilising strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability in public speaking and showcasing luxury items
- Adaptable to change and able to work in a high-pressure environment
- A strong team player who is commercially driven and goal orientated
- Competent in store and HR processes including sales reports, loss prevention, audits, appraisals etc
- Strong numeracy and literacy skills
What you will receive:
- Competitive salary and generous commission structure
- Accommodation and meals on board
- Necessary visas and seafaring documents to work at sea
- Dedicated in-house bespoke training across sales, product and brand
- Guidance, support and development from the onboard Retail Manager and central office team
- Contract role, working and living at sea for up to 6 months at a time, with a 1-2 month break at home between contracts
Does this sound like you? If so, please apply now…
Your adventure starts here!
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
THE HARDING WAY
Our vision is to be the global leader in on board retailing and services, based on solid commercial performance and partnerships. This will be achieved by delighting customers with a world class shopping experience that offers relevant brands, great service and innovative customer experiences.
Always with a Trinity Partnership approach between ourselves, cruise line partners and brand partners, we create exhilarating shopping experiences.
It’s this special approach that has helped us to secure contracts with over 22 cruise brand partners across the globe, including more than 62 cruise ships and creating 250 forward-thinking retail shops.
CAREERS AT HARDING
Cruise ship retail jobs give you the chance to build an exciting career and see the world at the same time. We are always looking out for passionate, talented people to join the onboard teams as sales assistants, product sales specialists or as part of the retail management team.
At Harding we recruit all year round! We are always keen to hear from the talent of tomorrow. It is a straightforward and easy application process, so please apply online today.
If successful at vetting, we will invite you to a telephone or video interview. Once you have passed this stage, we will invite you to attend one of our group assessment centres held around the UK or online.