Restaurant Attendant will perform the food service functions of dining and the working area is not limited to specific dining venues onboard. Some examples that are included but not limited to Room Service, Complimentary Dining Venues, Windjammer, etc.
All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s Royal Way Standards, SQM standards, USPH and HACCP guidelines, environmental, and work place safety policies and procedures. Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various food and beverage service venues throughout the ship. In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This consists of physical and verbal interactions guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
- Participates in rotational service delivery schedule, working in complimentary dining venue and various other food and beverage service venues.
- Observes all established security and guest privacy procedures when delivering to staterooms.
- Ensures efficient and seamless service delivery of all meals to guests in their staterooms.
- Learns and uses appropriate food and wine terminology and pronunciation, to enhance the guest’s dining experience. Becomes familiar with menu descriptions and wine lists in order to discuss items appropriately with guests.
- Arranges settings on stateroom service trays, per standards
- Greets guests appropriately when delivering room service order, per standards. Observes all established security and guest privacy procedures when delivering to staterooms.
- Presents both food and beverage to guests; can answer questions regarding food and beverage items and communicates information to guests per standards. Makes recommendations to entice guests while meeting management goals (KPIs).
Two year food and/or beverage service experience, preferably in a 4 or 5 star restaurant. Banquet experience preferred.
Ability to distinguish soft drink varieties.
Knowledge of basic buffet food items.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!