Bar Steward (Japanese Speaking)
Department: Beverage Services
Employment Type: Fixed Term Contract
Set a course for adventure with Princess Cruises! The employer of choice in the cruise industry, we operate a fleet of modern Love Boats each offering exceptional facilities and extensive professional development and recreational programs for our valued teammates who hail from more than 60 countries around the globe.
An iconic brand beloved by millions, we love people who love what they do and work together to help our guests create a lifetime of wonderful memories while providing friendly and attentive service like only Princess can.
As a member of the Princess Family, you’ll enjoy a truly adventurous career with excellent incentives, unlimited opportunities for growth, and ports of call that will leave you breathless.
As Bar Steward you will create lasting memories by delivering a consistent guest beverage service experience that embraces MedallionClass technology, service excellence and experiential ownership, achieves KPI targets, promotes all beverage and dining venues and aligns with our brand and corporate culture standards, while fully adhering to health, environment, and sanitation protocols in accordance with HESS standards.
- Actively assists the Bartender in setting up the assigned bar location following brand standards and in line with scheduled opening hours.
- Provides a positive beverage experience to every guest by always applying the brand and Service Excellence standards.
- Sensitively promotes beverage packages and Specialty Dining venues to enhance the guest experience and aims to exceed set targets.
- Ensures the lounge area is clean, tidy, sanitized and welcoming to guests and in line with brand standards.
- Routinely and properly prepare all Bar items required for full beverage service in line with brand standards.
- Assists in any bar inventory counts as directed by the Bar Supervisor or Manager.
- Ensures any OceanNow orders are delivered accurately, in a timely manner and service exceeds guest expectations.
- Willingly assists in food service as and when required or directed by the Bar Supervisor or Bar Manager.
- Follows all beverage accounting procedures and reports irregularities to the Bar Supervisor or Manager.
- Handles and stores all equipment, inventory, and supplies with care to avoid damage or loss.
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- At least two years of experience as Bar Steward or similar roles within the Hotel or Cruise industry.
- Preferably a graduate of a recognized Hotel/Hospitality school.
- Basic knowledge of Public Health and Sanitation regulations and procedures.
- Ability to organize and complete work as per deadlines.
- Working knowledge of wine and beverage products and cocktail presentation and preparation.
- Fluent English language skills, both verbal and written.
- Command of the Japanese language, both verbal and written.
Princess Cruises offers many benefits. This position is afforded comfortable, shared cabin accommodations, meals, exceptional amenities, and extensive learning and recreational programs available to all of our teammates.
Regardless of the rank or role, we are all one Princess team. Princess Cruises is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our Culture Essentials… Stronger together
Speak Up – Respect & Protect – Improve – Communicate – Listen & Learn – Empower
Set sail on an exciting career course with Princess Cruises! One of the best-known names in cruising, Princess Cruises is a global cruise company operating a fleet of modern ships renowned for their innovative design and wide array of choices in dining, entertainment and amenities.
As a worldwide leader in premium cruising, Princess now offers the MedallionClass™ experience, an even more personalized vacation. Our smart ships feature everything from TrulyTouchless™ embarkation to on-demand delivery of drinks, food and more that makes cruising effortless and supports the wellbeing of our guests and teammates.
Our Princess team lives by our Shared Purpose and Core Values of Respect, Protect and Connect. We seek out people who want to share their passion for travel, work with the latest technology and join a friendly, diverse team to serve our guests and show them the world. We understand our responsibility to safeguard our teammates, our guests and our oceans, and our highest priority is to operate in a safe and socially responsible way every day.
As part of the Princess family, you’ll gain valuable cruise ship career experience representing one of the largest cruise lines in the world. We are extremely passionate about our work and offer a variety of reward programs to recognize employees who go above and beyond to provide our guests the best possible vacation experience.
Join our team and enjoy an adventurous career with great incentives, unlimited growth and worldwide travel opportunities.