Housekeeping Administrative Assistant
The Housekeeping Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting, managing and maintaining all clerical and administrative functions for the housekeeping and Laundry division. This position is a key position within the housekeeping organization.
This person demonstrates excellent attention to detail with a strong sense of urgency as to the timeliness of the completion of their responsibilities. He/she is an excellent communicator and maintains strong working relations with all members of the housekeeping team as well as with all levels of management throughout the ship.
This position will have access to information that may be considered confidential and is expected to maintain a high level of discretion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Royal Caribbean International expects each shipboard management team member to relentlessly exemplify the principles of the Anchored in Excellence Credo to all team members. In addition, all duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s The Royal Way, SQM standards, USPH guidelines, environmental, and safety policies.
1. In accordance with Royal Caribbean International’s philosophy of Anchored in Excellence, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all times. This applies to physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
2. The Housekeeping Administrative Assistant supports and reports to the Executive Housekeeper. This position oversees all clerical and administrative functions for the housekeeping division. This includes and is not limited to the managing and maintaining of reports, performance measuring tools, reporting logs, Inventory logs, internal communications, requisitioning functions, audit results management, Inspection data entry, time and attendance functions and other aspects of crew management and support.
3. This position will oversee the managing and maintaining various reports that are required to support the Housekeeping and Laundry operation. These reports may include and is not limited to inspection reports, time and attendance reports, general crew reports, bed bug reports, trend reports, condition reports, compliancy reports and overall operational reports.
4. The Administrative Assistant will manage and maintain various logs. The logs may include and is not limited to guest resolution logs, do not disturb logs and various operational logs required to support the housekeeping operation.
5. Various schedules will be managed and maintained which may include but is not limited to training schedules, work schedules, inspection schedules and other schedules required to support the Housekeeping and Laundry operation.
6. The Administrative Assistant will have a role in the managing and preparation of the appraisal process. This will include and is not limited to the scheduling of performance appraisals, as well as the documenting of the process as required by company policy.
7. This position will manage and maintain various programs which may include and is not limited to the gift and gear program and revenue reporting for the laundry, floral cart, mini-bar and tuxedo programs as well as various other programs.
8. Other duties will include and are not limited to managing the Performance Management Tool. This will entail data entry, reporting, communicating results, and maintaining the data integrity of the tool. Additionally the notice board must be kept updated as results are printed.
9. This position will ensure the Housekeeping office is properly tidy, organized and sanitized in conjunction with the Back of House SRA scheduled. Additionally ensures that all office supplies are fully stocked and prepares Crunch time requisitions as required.
10. This position will fully manage the Random Tracking Tool as part of the inspection process with a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality on a daily basis.
11. This position will fully manage the Gratuity workbook with a high degree of accuracy on a per voyage basis to ensure all Housekeeping employees and Support team employees receive the required gratuities and/or supplemental pay. Additionally must be fully competent understanding the payroll process, the payroll breakdown and be able to provide explanation as required to any employee.
12. This position will fully manage all Supplemental pay administrative tasks with a high level of accuracy and confidentially and ensure deadlines are met on a per voyage basis, signatures received, files copied and filed appropriately. This includes Gifts and Gear, Back of House and Mini Bar Supplemental in conjunction with the Assistant Executive Housekeeper.
13. This position will be fully versed on the Gratuity appeal process and support the Executive Housekeeper with the administration piece and provide information as required to any employee.
14. This position will fully manage the E1 assignment management and print out on a per voyage basis or as required to ensure compliance with HR processes.
15. This position will fully manage the Pool towel management system on the last night of the cruise and will handle guest disputes in conjunction with Guest Services on the last day of the cruise.
16. This position will ensure that Time and Attendance database is updated daily and regularly audit and update the Executive Housekeeper.
17. This position will ensure that the Housekeeping notice board is kept updated at all times and that all information's on training's, voyage information and other pertinent information is communicated to the Housekeeping management and crewmembers as required.
18. This position must have meticulous filing skills to keep employee personnel files private along with all other documents that require filing in a timely and organized manner.
19. This position is the gatekeeper of the housekeeping office and must provide personalized service in person and via telephone with any guest or crew member at all times.
20. Additional duties include the managing of various crew related programs and processes which may include and is limited to the time and attendance functions, sign-on / sign off orientation, uniform requisitioning, boat drill excuse lists and the hotel familiarization and verification process.
21. The Administrative Assistant will maintains a safe, secure, and healthy environment by enforcing organizational standards, procedures, and legal regulations and promoting Workplace Safety. Attends mandatory crew and guest safety drills, training activities, courses and all other work related activities as required.
22. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
Minimum three to five years Housekeeping Admin/Coordinator experience in a Cruise or 4-5 Star Hotels
Specific knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer and personal service including needs assessment, problem resolution, demonstrated strong attention to detail and achievement of quality service standards
Skill set needs to include proficiency in the different onboard systems this must include Encore, Guest Log, etc.
The ability to create various analyses’, reporting and data entry.
Ability to communicate diplomatically with supervisors, crew members and other divisions to resolve problems and negotiate amicable resolution to challenges
Ability to work positively and cooperatively in a diverse team environment to meet overall established time frames for the Housekeeping division operation
Should harbor a flexible outlook towards placement throughout the fleet, considering changing fleet-wide operational business needs
Working knowledge of cleaning procedures and equipment, chemical handling, linen par levels, public health standards, computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages (e.g. MS Office) and office equipment
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
Royal Caribbean Group
Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) is a cruise vacation company comprised of three award-winning global brands: Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity Cruises, and Silversea Cruises. Royal Caribbean Group is also a 50% owner of a joint venture that includes TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises. Together, our brands operate a global fleet of 60 ships traveling to more than 800 destinations worldwide.
We’re proud of the way our team members from different cultural backgrounds, ages, races, religions, education levels, sexual orientation, genders, and disabilities come together to create the incredible vacation experiences we’re known for. We believe that the diversity of our employees plays a major role in our success.
We are proud of our entrepreneurial spirit, the force that drives us to innovate. It’s that state of mind that helps us see opportunity where others see only risk.
Come join our RCG family and journey with us!