Personal Survival Techniques
- Course Type:
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Training School:
- Seascope Maritime Training
- Liverpool, United Kingdom
This course covers the syllabus required by the STCW95 Table AVI/1-1 and is part of the mandatory training for seafarers. It provides students with the knowledge and practical skills required in the event of an emergency at sea along with the necessary steps to take in order to ensure survival.
What you will learn
Personal Survival Techniques covers both theoretical work and practical elements. The practical session includes a two-hour drill in the water for students to acquire proficiency in the following skills:
- The correct use of an inflatable life raft
- Capsizing drills
- How to safely abandon ship
- How to swim while wearing a life jacket
- Other types of lifesaving appliances
Please note this is quite a physically demanding course, therefore, any medical condition you have must be brought to our attention prior to booking.