Personal Survival Techniques
- Course Type:
- Personal Survival Techniques
- Training School:
- Fleetwood Offshore Survival Centre, Fleetwood Nautical Campus, Blackpool & The Fylde College
- Broadwater, Fleetwood, Lancashire, United Kingdom
- 1 day
This one day MCA approved course is designed to give all persons going to sea the essential basic knowledge of survival equipment, survival principles and techniques that can be applied to maximise their chances of survival in the event of a marine casualty. Training consists of theoretical classroom work which is then enhanced by exercises in our Environmental Training Tank. Assessment is by direct observation, oral questioning and simulated scenarios.
Important Course Information:
In order to comply with STCW Maritime and Coastguard Agency regulations, all delegates attending Merchant Navy Courses must provide a Seaman’s Discharge Book, Passport or Driving Licence when attending the centre. Failure to comply with this requirement will lead to a delay in the issue of Certificates.
Validity of certificate:
Attention is drawn to the fact that parts of the course are of a physical nature. You will be required to complete a medical declaration when you attend your course.
Modules and Assessment
- Survival difficulties and factors
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Life rafts and equipment
- Actions prior to abandonment
- In water survival techniques
- Helicopter rescue
- Vital & secondary actions in the life raft
- Righting an upturned life raft
- Use of pyrotechnics