Asst Shore Excursions Manager
Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
ASSISTANT SHORE EXURSIONS MANAGER
Purpose of Position
You ensure fullest guest satisfaction, assist with coordination of all shore-excursion activities, drive shorex revenue generation and compliance with the product book and all included programs and services. Assists the Shorex Manager in all matters.
- To play an active part in the Emergency Response Organization and to look for continual improvement in all matters relating to safety of the guest, crew and vessel
- Coordination of on shorex revenue activities to ensure maximum income
- Managing the sales and reconciliation of shorex bookings
- Managing the administration and clearing of shorex wait-lists
- Facilitating and assisting guests with onboard shorex bookings
- Handling of private guest excursions
- Shorex complaint management
- Coordination of all excursions including audio equipment
- Liaising with local suppliers (reconfirmation of reservations, buses, guides…)
- Coordinating and ensuring smooth disembarkation procedures
- Oversees Shorex Staff in coordination with Shorex Manager
- Dispatching shore excursions / overseeing tender procedure
- Socializing with guests when time permitting
- Proactive approach for problem solving
- During the course of the contract Shorex Manager can request to perform Port Talks or Bridge Tours in training in order to be considered for promotion
- Maintains updated and accurate filing system for reference
- Performs all other duties as requested by supervisor or as listed in SOP
- In charge of the Guest Services Desk and their activities
- Delegates duties to the team when needed
- Allocation and procedures for tour escorts
- Private arrangements
Supervisor: Shorex Manager
Gives instructions to: Shorex Assistants
Receives instructions from: Shorex Manager
Contract lengths: 6 months
- Min. 2 years professional experience in a sea-going position
- Firsthand knowledge of our ports of call / previous experience on an ocean ship
- Excellent English skills, other languages are an asset
- Service oriented and guest focused
- Must work independently, good computer knowledge
- Excellent management, organizational and communication skills
- Positive personality, friendly and neat appearance
- Stress resistance, flexibility, team player
Guidelines and Regulations
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC •
Viking College • Uniform Regulation • Product Manual • STCW
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.