Hotel Utility/ Custodial
Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Housekeeping Supervisor
Clean and maintain all guest and crew public areas to VOC standards. This position will work day or night shift as needed.
Based on assign work section during day or night shift, the custodial host\ess duties include but are not limited to;
- Clean all public Guest areas, back of the house and crew areas including; crew restroom, landing, staircase, crew laundrette
- Daily vacuum, dusting, polishing, high dusting\cleaning, garbage removal, sanitizing.
- Shampoo and general floor care duties (stripping, waxing etc)
- Handle and distribute Guest luggage on embarkation days and on the evening before debarkation
- Assist with delivery of special deliveries to Guest staterooms on embarkation days when needed
- Work with and use various chemicals cleaners and floor care equipment
- Remove dirty dishes/glassware from public areas
- Keep cleaning equipment in good working order and report to Housekeeping supervisor any maintenance\repairs
- Reports maintenance issues in designated areas through the ship reporting system
- Assist Guests with directions and general information in Guest areas
- Work in all Housekeeping/Custodial areas based on need of operation
- Operate in line with all USPH, Environmental, Safety and Security Policy
- Perform other duties as assigned by Leader
- Previous cleaning experience of some level.
- Previous experience working in a 5 stars ship or hotels of 200 + rooms
- Knowledge of chemical cleaning and their application
- Floor cleaning equipment experience preferred, with knowledge in floor care a plus
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Able to interact with guest and give direction\assistance
- Must be flexible; shifts cover both day and night
- Physically fit, with endurance to lift 50 lbs and bending
- Able to work long hours walking and standing
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
When you have the best people, you have the best river cruise line.
Across Europe, Russia, China and Southeast Asia, more people sail with Viking than any other river cruise line. With inspiring destinations, the largest fleet of 4 and 5 star ships, memorable experiences and fine cuisine, Viking is regularly voted the world’s favorite river cruise line.
Our guests return again and again because we also offer something more – exceptional service. The kind of service provided by exceptional people. If that sounds like you, and you’d like to be part of a forward thinking and fast-expanding company, we’d like to hear from you.
Our standards set us apart. So do our career opportunities.
At Viking, we care about your career as much as you do and we will give you the training, skills and confidence you need to be the best you can be. We even have a custom training program, the Viking College, to help you learn and sharpen your skills.
We offer great opportunities for promotion where you will be rewarded for your hard work, enthusiasm, initiative and sense of responsibility.
Our management team in Switzerland overseas all aspects of our operations – from shore excursions to catering and nautical operations – everyone works for the same company, with the same high standards that Viking is famous for. We look forward to hear from you!
Set sail for your career.