Hotel Utility/ Custodial
Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Housekeeping Supervisor
Clean and maintain all guest and crew public areas to VOC standards. This position will work day or night shift as needed.
Based on assign work section during day or night shift, the custodial host\ess duties include but are not limited to;
- Clean all public Guest areas, back of the house and crew areas including; crew restroom, landing, staircase, crew laundrette
- Daily vacuum, dusting, polishing, high dusting\cleaning, garbage removal, sanitizing.
- Shampoo and general floor care duties (stripping, waxing etc)
- Handle and distribute Guest luggage on embarkation days and on the evening before debarkation
- Assist with delivery of special deliveries to Guest staterooms on embarkation days when needed
- Work with and use various chemicals cleaners and floor care equipment
- Remove dirty dishes/glassware from public areas
- Keep cleaning equipment in good working order and report to Housekeeping supervisor any maintenance\repairs
- Reports maintenance issues in designated areas through the ship reporting system
- Assist Guests with directions and general information in Guest areas
- Work in all Housekeeping/Custodial areas based on need of operation
- Operate in line with all USPH, Environmental, Safety and Security Policy
- Perform other duties as assigned by Leader
- Previous cleaning experience of some level.
- Previous experience working in a 5 stars ship or hotels of 200 + rooms
- Knowledge of chemical cleaning and their application
- Floor cleaning equipment experience preferred, with knowledge in floor care a plus
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Able to interact with guest and give direction\assistance
- Must be flexible; shifts cover both day and night
- Physically fit, with endurance to lift 50 lbs and bending
- Able to work long hours walking and standing
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.