Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
Purpose of Position
You ensure controlling and managing of all the aspects related to the Inventory Department, stores, replenishment and personnel, toward excellent, efficient and effective results.
- Prepares all Order Requests for all Hotel Stores items.
- Follows up on all Hotel Orders in order to make sure these are prepared in due time and submitted to Logistics Department correctly and in timely manner
- Cross checks the daily department requisitions in order to ensure the data has been entered correctly into the inventory system by Provision Master and Hotel Storekeeper
- Attends physical inventories together with Provision Master and Hotel Storekeeper
- Coordinates the physical receipt and handling of goods on loading days. Arranges for adequate staffing in order to support the Hotel Store Team and ensures products are being distributed and stored correctly in quick and timely manner
- In charge for all equipment receiving procedures and to cross check invoices and actual deliveries in coordination with the respective Department Heads in order to ensure that correct items have been delivered
- Reviews equipment used in the Hotel Stores and ensures that non-functioning equipment is being reported to technical department, following the proper procedures (AVO)
- Implements and follows up on correct Stock Rotation Procedures and ensures that FIFO regulation is in place
- Reviews on board Stock Levels of F&B and Hotel Supply’s in order to ensure that a minimum stock level is being kept on board
- Works closely with the Department Heads in order to ensure that all products needed for the operation are on board at all times and products are being used
- Reports to Hotel Director and F&B Manager regarding slow and non-moving items in the Hotel Stores and communicates with the Department Heads on options and possibilities to have these items used up
- Provides on job training for all Hotel Store Employees to strengthen their performance level and preparation for possible advancements
- Responsible for the working and resting hours of all the Store Department Team members.
- Prepares fair evaluations for all Hotel Stores Department personnel
- Comply with all corporate standards and procedures
- Follows all companies safety and environmental procedures
- Follows all store department procedures and policies
- Follows all companies PH standards and procedures
- Attends meetings, training activities, course and all other work-related activities as required
- Any additional duties delegated by Hotel Director
Supervisor: Hotel Director
Receives instructions from: Hotel Director, Corporate Operation Manager
- Required to speak, read and write in English in an Advanced level in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms.
- Minimum 3-5 years land progressive managerial experience in inventory operations in hotels, restaurants, resorts, or high volume distribution center.
- Or minimum 2-3 contracts completed on-board ships as Inventory Manager, Stores Manager, Hotel Controller or Provision Master.
- Experience on material management systems, preferably MXP.
- Experience of food handling procedures with regards to public health standards.
- Extensive knowledge of Hotel food, beverage, consumable, uniform, chemicals and equipment products.
- Experience on storeroom operations, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control, waste management and spoilage/ breakage control.
- Excellent understanding of inventory control practices.
Guidelines and Regulations
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC • Viking College • Uniform Regulation • Executive Chef Manual
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.