Vessel type: River cruise ship
Purpose of Position
You ensure optimal cleanliness, order and hygiene onboard to the fullest satisfaction of our guests in accordance with Viking River Cruises Standards.
Responsible for the entire housekeeping operation onboard
- Correct receipt and distribution of guest laundry
- Distribution, control and return of the Viking River Cruises uniforms
- Ensuring a smooth operation on a embarkation day
- Ensuring impeccable cleanliness and order within the housekeeping department
- Active assistance with stateroom cleaning and laundry duty
- Operation of procedures according to company standards and HACCP rules
- Ensuring regular care of plants and flowers onboard
- Distribution of daily program, gift orders and turndown services
- Preparation of opening and closing ships at start and end of season
Management and motivation of the housekeeping crew
- Motivation and training of housekeeping team (5 -13 members in laundry, staterooms, public areas)
- Supervision of housekeeping team and operation of its duties and responsibilities
- Replacement of Cabin Steward/ess (e.g. during holiday time)
- Participation in loading
Responsible for cost control and adherence to set budgets
- Cost control for housekeeping within budget
- Stock ordering in cooperation with Hotel Manager
- Correct storage of stock; establishing of par levels
- Inventory according to company procedures
Active liaison & socializing with guests
Supervisor: Hotel Manager
Receives instructions from: Hotel Manager, Corporate Housekeeper, Corporate Operation Manager
Gives instructions to: Cabin Steward/ess
- Graduated education in hotel industry
- Min. 3 years professional experience in same position
- International experience / experience onboard a ship is an asset
- Excellent English skills, other languages are an asset
- Service oriented and guest focused, attention to detail
- Excellent management, organisational and communication skills
- Positive personality, professional appearance
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC •
Viking College • Uniform Regulation • Housekeeping Manual
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.