Vessel type: River cruise ship
Purpose of Position
You are responsible for an optimum of cleanliness and order as well as hygiene onboard to the fullest guest satisfaction in accordance with Viking River Cruises Standards.
- Daily cleaning of approximately 18 staterooms
- Cleaning of public areas, toilets and reception area according to requirements
- Correct handling of guest laundry
- Control and distribution of externally cleaned laundry and uniforms
- Correct and careful handling of all cleaning products, materials and housekeeping equipment
- Rotating laundry duty incl. washing, ironing and folding activities
- Distribution of daily programs, gift orders and turndown services in allocated staterooms
- Welcoming and escorting guests to their staterooms on embarkation day
- Checking and reporting technical defects of staterooms to the supervisor / reception
- Luggage duty on embarkation and disembarkation day
- Conduction of stock takes; inventory according to company procedures
- Preparation of opening and closing ships at start and end of season
- Assistance in other departments upon instruction from supervisors (if required)
- Performance according to company standards and HACCP rules
- Participation in loadings
- Correct storage of stock; establishing of par levels
- Active participation in onboard training programs
Receives instructions from: Housekeeper, Hotel Manager, Corporate Housekeeper, Corporate Operation Manager
- International experience / experience onboard a ship is an asset
- Fluent English skills, other languages are an asset
- Ability to work independently, service-oriented and guest focused
- Positive Personality, neat appearance
- Flexibility and stress resistance, team player, commitment
Guidelines and Regulations
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC •
Viking College • Uniform Regulation • Housekeeping Manual
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.