Vesse type: River cruise ship
Purpose of Position
You are in charge of the entire hotel operation onboard and guarantee fullest guest satisfaction and a pleasant working environment for all crew. You adhere to Viking River Cruises Standards and budgets.
- Responsible for the entire hotel operation onboard
- Ensuring that all hotel departments are managed according to their standards
- Management and motivation of the crew, with emphasis on Department Heads
- Operation of service procedures according to company standards
- Stock ordering for the hotel department (F&B, Housekeeping, equipment,etc.)
- Ensuring impeccable cleanliness, hygiene and order in all areas of the hotel department in accordance with HACCP rules
- Final inspection and receipt of all supplies and deliveries for the hotel department
- Supervision and organisation of opening and closing ships at start /end of season
- Active liaison with guests and successful handling of complaints
- Active participation in all onboard events and special functions
- Presence in the galley and restaurant during meal times
- Ensuring active and smooth flow of communication with the nautical department, onboard management, crew and the Head Office Basel
- Ensuring departmental training according to requirement profile
- Responsible for cost control and adherence to all set budgets
- Daily analysis of debtors in accordance with Receptionist / Night Auditor
- Conduction of stock takes; inventory according to company procedures
- Active participation in loadings
Supervisor: Corporate Operation Manager
Gives instructions to: Catering staff (incl. Program Director) and musician onboard
Receives instructions from: Corporate Operation Manager, Headoffice
- Graduated education within the hotel industry, preferably hotel managementschool (Preferred tertiary degree in hotel management with emphasis on F&Brtn)
- Several years of professional management experience in this role, preferably witncruse try
- Excellent management, organisational and communication skills
- Guest focused, stress resistant, calm under pressure, team player and with
- sitive appearance
- Open minded and flexible with high social and inter-cultural competencies
- Excellent English skills (written & verbal), other languages are an advantage
- Must work independently, good computer skills
Guidelines and Regulations
Job Description • Contract • Company Rules and Regulations • Onboard ABC •
Viking College • Uniform Regulation • Hotel Manager Manual
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.