Vessel type: Ocean-going cruise ship
Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Laundry Master
Supervise the use of the washing machine
- Use specialized expertise to clean any stains that washing machine cannot wash off.
- Prepares schedule and priority of wash cycles to meet timelines required for service areas and guests.
- Manages the washing process, including the use of properly weighted loads, and maintaining a clean and safe wash area.
- Holds responsible for the laundering of all onboard linen, guest’s clothes, and uniforms.
- Maintains proper supplies.
- Responsible for daily inspections and reporting maintenance needs of washing machines.
- Ensure efficient collection, sorting, cleaning, and distribution of laundry from the wash area.
- Responsible for the proper use of chemicals and disposed of according to the approved chemical list.
- Responsible for final inspection of linens & garments before & after washing.
- Monitor the chemicals inventory and report to Laundry Master daily.
- Inform the Laundry Master about any leaking valves, damaged insulation, air and water path or problems with safety mechanisms.
- Operate in line with all USPH, Environmental, Safety and Security Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Landry Master or the Executive Housekeeper
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in a laundry as a laundryman including 2 years in washing department on board.
- English knowledge
- Specialized expertise in stain removal.
- Understand of various stains & chemical reactions.
- Understand various differentiate of fabrics.
- Know the operation system of the washers and dryers.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
When you have the best people, you have the best river cruise line.
Across Europe, Russia, China and Southeast Asia, more people sail with Viking than any other river cruise line. With inspiring destinations, the largest fleet of 4 and 5 star ships, memorable experiences and fine cuisine, Viking is regularly voted the world’s favorite river cruise line.
Our guests return again and again because we also offer something more – exceptional service. The kind of service provided by exceptional people. If that sounds like you, and you’d like to be part of a forward thinking and fast-expanding company, we’d like to hear from you.
Our standards set us apart. So do our career opportunities.
At Viking, we care about your career as much as you do and we will give you the training, skills and confidence you need to be the best you can be. We even have a custom training program, the Viking College, to help you learn and sharpen your skills.
We offer great opportunities for promotion where you will be rewarded for your hard work, enthusiasm, initiative and sense of responsibility.
Our management team in Switzerland overseas all aspects of our operations – from shore excursions to catering and nautical operations – everyone works for the same company, with the same high standards that Viking is famous for. We look forward to hear from you!
Set sail for your career.