Hotel General Manager
We currently have a rare opportunity to join our Senior Management Team in the role of Hotel General Manager. Reporting directly to the Captain, you will be accountable for the effective strategic leadership across the ships Heads of Department for Food & Beverage, Housekeeping, Customer Services, On Board Revenue, Entertainment and all associated Support Services, with revenue responsibility up to £10m per annum. It will be your responsibility to create and implement strategies that meet ambitious commercial and corporate objectives. As an inspirational leader, you’ll maximise revenue by nurturing a high performing team culture. This high profile role also offers the autonomy to lead the co-ordination of complex emergency situations, handle audit and compliance and ensure that the ship meets our own high standards, as well as those set by regulating bodies. You will actively create and promote an environment where customer and crew safety is paramount. The customer will be the key focus and you will be responsible for their satisfaction at all times, to maintain and develop our positions of delivering customer service excellence.
To be considered for this excellent opportunity you will;
- Be an experienced and capable 3 or 3.5 Stripe officer onboard a 4 or 5 star luxury cruise ship, or a General Manager from a 4 or 5 star international resort or hotel with cruise ship experience earlier on in your career, who has adapted to working remotely and delivering corporate objectives via remote management.
- Need to demonstrate commerciality and have proven success in delivering targets and managing £m budgets, through implementation of strategies to delivering corporate objectives. Your commercial acumen and £multi-million budget management expertise will be second to none.
- Have an in depth understanding of Hotel operations, both back and front of house.
- Demonstrate experience in successful Change management
- Have a coaching, open and consultative leadership style, enabling a high performing culture.
- Be experienced in ensuring the effective leadership of a culturally diverse workforce
- Identify improvements and feed back to the operational product owner shore side, for continuous improvement and enhanced customer satisfaction.
If you’re an inspirational leader and team player with the drive and determination to develop your career with a world-leading ship’s company that comprises the prestigious P&O Cruises and Cunard Line brands, join us on our journey. In return we are offering an excellent career opportunity, lifestyle change, and a competitive and potentially tax free salary ranging from £55,000 per annum, dependant on experience. You will benefit from an Executive cabin, with guest privileges of accompanied travel, with full deck privileges.
The recruiter advertising this job can accept applicants only from United Kingdom and Ireland for this position.
A world of excitement, fun and possibilities
A market leader in the cruise industry, we operate ships all over the world. We’re most widely recognised by our famous brand names P&O Cruises and Cunard Line.
Working together, it’s our mission to be the most successful - the most spectacular - cruise company in Britain. To do this, we focus on providing the finest cruise experience for each and every customer. And of course, this isn’t possible without the skill and commitment of our people on board and ashore. That’s where you come in.
P&O Cruises is the largest cruise operator in the UK and, perhaps, the best-known in the world. Working on board the seven-ship fleet of Aurora, Oriana, Arcadia, Adonia, Oceana, Ventura and Azura, you’ll have the opportunity to experience luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, the Baltic, the Norwegian Fjords, the Caribbean, the Atlantic Islands, and round-the-world voyages.
Cunard Line offers the only regular transatlantic crossing service on board the world famous Queen Mary 2. The 1,968-passenger Queen Victoria, launched in November 2007, undertakes a number of different voyages, while the latest ship, the Queen Elizabeth, joined the fleet in Autumn 2010.
It takes great passion and real commitment to maintain our position at the top. That’s why we’re always looking for people, both shipboard and shoreside, who share our obsession and drive to provide the most memorable experiences imaginable.
This is your chance to join us on our journey.