Russia - Program Director
(OFF SHORE CONTRACT)
SCOPE OF POSITION
To ensure fullest guest satisfaction, coordinate all shore-excursion activities, organize guest entertainment programs and comply with the product book and all included as well as optional programs and services, both on shore as well as on board.
This document is not a definite overview of the expected responsibilities, tasks and duties. Items can be added in the future depending on the final departmental development. The holder of this statement can be asked to take on other tasks in addition of the ones stated on the paper.
- Organization of embarkation
- Ensure smooth operation of transfers (transfer / luggage / times)
- Coordination of airport representative and assisting with passenger travels
- Handling / filing of cruise, land (if applicable) reports & daily program
- Managing and filing vendor vouchers & onboard bookings
- Promotion of Easy Survey cards and shore-excursion questionnaires
- Organising presenting guest entertainment (games / port talks / presentations), according to the cruise layout & active guest relation
- Responsible for all public announcements (including bridge commentary)
- Operation of IT programs
- Training and liaising with Guest Services
- Handling guest complaints
- Coordination of all excursions including audio equipment
- Liaising with local suppliers (reconfirmation of reservations, coaches, guides…)
- Instructing and briefing local guides prior to shore-excursion
- Accompanying of excursions
- Presentation and promotion of all excursions
- Controlling and monitoring the implementation and quality of the excursions
- Outstanding flexibility and ability to co-operate within a team under pressure are a must.
- Ability to lead guests and represent the Company in a most professional way, including in challenging circumstances
- Achieves/succeeds the KPI goals set for the Program Director position
- Actively participates in achieving shore excursions, enrichment and financial KPI goals
- Strong motivates and contributes to achieve the company goals and objectives
- Full knowledge about safety & security procedures
- Participation in all training concerning safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the companu
- Russian nationality
- Graduated education within hotel / tourism industry
- Has minimum 3 years professional experience in a management position / tour guidance
- International experience / experience on a ship is an asset
- Excellent English skills are a must, other languages are an asset
- Must work independently, profound computer knowledge
- Presents excellent management, organizational and communication skills
- Has a positive personality, friendly and neat appearance
- Shows stress resistance, flexibility, team player, shows commitment
- Must be able to deal correctly with confidential information and must be discrete
- Must be well groomed and maintain impeccable hygiene standards
- Must be guest focused, service oriented, have a positive personality and professional appearance
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
- Implement PSO policies, procedures, standards, as laid out by the management
- Ensure appropriate appearance and clothing according to the updated grooming standards
- The company reserves the right to change/extend this job description if necessary at any point of time during her/his employment
- Adheres to Job Description, Contract, Company Rules and Regulations, Onboard ABC at all times
- Willing to follow and successfully finish Viking College
- Adhere to Uniform Regulation
- Study Program Director Manual and other job related documents
Supervisor: Hotel Manager
Gives instructions to: Local Tour Guides and other shore side staff
Receives instructions from: Hotel Manager, Corporate Operations Manager
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
When you have the best people, you have the best river cruise line.
Across Europe, Russia, China and Southeast Asia, more people sail with Viking than any other river cruise line. With inspiring destinations, the largest fleet of 4 and 5 star ships, memorable experiences and fine cuisine, Viking is regularly voted the world’s favorite river cruise line.
Our guests return again and again because we also offer something more – exceptional service. The kind of service provided by exceptional people. If that sounds like you, and you’d like to be part of a forward thinking and fast-expanding company, we’d like to hear from you.
Our standards set us apart. So do our career opportunities.
At Viking, we care about your career as much as you do and we will give you the training, skills and confidence you need to be the best you can be. We even have a custom training program, the Viking College, to help you learn and sharpen your skills.
We offer great opportunities for promotion where you will be rewarded for your hard work, enthusiasm, initiative and sense of responsibility.
Our management team in Switzerland overseas all aspects of our operations – from shore excursions to catering and nautical operations – everyone works for the same company, with the same high standards that Viking is famous for. We look forward to hear from you!
Set sail for your career.