Russia - Program Director
(OFF SHORE CONTRACT)
SCOPE OF POSITION
To ensure fullest guest satisfaction, coordinate all shore-excursion activities, organize guest entertainment programs and comply with the product book and all included as well as optional programs and services, both on shore as well as on board.
This document is not a definite overview of the expected responsibilities, tasks and duties. Items can be added in the future depending on the final departmental development. The holder of this statement can be asked to take on other tasks in addition of the ones stated on the paper.
- Organization of embarkation
- Ensure smooth operation of transfers (transfer / luggage / times)
- Coordination of airport representative and assisting with passenger travels
- Handling / filing of cruise, land (if applicable) reports & daily program
- Managing and filing vendor vouchers & onboard bookings
- Promotion of Easy Survey cards and shore-excursion questionnaires
- Organising presenting guest entertainment (games / port talks / presentations), according to the cruise layout & active guest relation
- Responsible for all public announcements (including bridge commentary)
- Operation of IT programs
- Training and liaising with Guest Services
- Handling guest complaints
- Coordination of all excursions including audio equipment
- Liaising with local suppliers (reconfirmation of reservations, coaches, guides…)
- Instructing and briefing local guides prior to shore-excursion
- Accompanying of excursions
- Presentation and promotion of all excursions
- Controlling and monitoring the implementation and quality of the excursions
- Outstanding flexibility and ability to co-operate within a team under pressure are a must.
- Ability to lead guests and represent the Company in a most professional way, including in challenging circumstances
- Achieves/succeeds the KPI goals set for the Program Director position
- Actively participates in achieving shore excursions, enrichment and financial KPI goals
- Strong motivates and contributes to achieve the company goals and objectives
- Full knowledge about safety & security procedures
- Participation in all training concerning safety & security, fire prevention, evacuation exercises as required by the companu
- Russian nationality
- Graduated education within hotel / tourism industry
- Has minimum 3 years professional experience in a management position / tour guidance
- International experience / experience on a ship is an asset
- Excellent English skills are a must, other languages are an asset
- Must work independently, profound computer knowledge
- Presents excellent management, organizational and communication skills
- Has a positive personality, friendly and neat appearance
- Shows stress resistance, flexibility, team player, shows commitment
- Must be able to deal correctly with confidential information and must be discrete
- Must be well groomed and maintain impeccable hygiene standards
- Must be guest focused, service oriented, have a positive personality and professional appearance
GUIDELINES AND REGULATIONS
- Implement PSO policies, procedures, standards, as laid out by the management
- Ensure appropriate appearance and clothing according to the updated grooming standards
- The company reserves the right to change/extend this job description if necessary at any point of time during her/his employment
- Adheres to Job Description, Contract, Company Rules and Regulations, Onboard ABC at all times
- Willing to follow and successfully finish Viking College
- Adhere to Uniform Regulation
- Study Program Director Manual and other job related documents
Supervisor: Hotel Manager
Gives instructions to: Local Tour Guides and other shore side staff
Receives instructions from: Hotel Manager, Corporate Operations Manager
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
JOIN OUR FAMILY
As the World’s Leading River Cruise Line® and the #1 Ocean Cruise Line, we are constantly innovating our business and growing our fleet. With more than 64 river ships and 6 ocean vessels cruising across 6 continents, we are the largest, most award-winning company in the industry. There is tremendous opportunity to join our dynamically growing company — whether on board our ships or in our corporate offices.
Viking Cruises was founded in Russia in 1997. The company established headquarters in Los Angeles, California in 2000 and through rapid expansion has enjoyed double-digit growth in recent years. With operational headquarters in Basel, Switzerland, Viking provides travel experiences for guests with an interest in geography, culture and history.
The award-winning Viking Longships offer a variety of stateroom categories and true two-room suites with full-size verandas. Onboard amenities include a restaurant, bar & lounge, library and expansive sun deck. River cruises range from 8 to 23 days, with itineraries featuring Europe’s Rhine, Main, Danube, Seine, Rhône, Douro, Moselle, Elbe, Dordogne, Garonne and Gironde Rivers; Russia’s Volga, Neva and Svir; Ukraine’s Dnieper; Egypt’s Nile; China’s Yangtze; and Southeast Asia’s Mekong.
In 2015, Viking introduced its first ocean ship with the christening of the 930-guest all-veranda Viking Star. One year later, Viking launched its second ocean ship, Viking Sea, which was joined by sister ships Viking Sky and Viking Sun in 2017 and by Viking Orion in 2018. The fleet welcomes Viking Jupiter in 2019. Four more yet-to-be-named ships are scheduled to launch by 2023. Ocean itineraries are designed to maximize the amount of time travelers spend in their destination. These enriching itineraries include base and combination cruises sailing to Scandinavia and Northern Europe, the Mediterranean, the Caribbean, Australia and New Zealand, Asia, Alaska, the Americas, and Africa.