Crew Services Manager (Ship Based)
Carnival UK are currently looking for experienced and driven Crew Services Managers to join our multi award winning brands P&O Cruises & Cunard Line. We are passionate about providing world class customer experiences and operate a winning culture, delivering our vision of being the most spectacularly successful Cruise Company in Britain. Our prestigious brands of great British heritage, employ engaged and passionate people to deliver the highest customer service standards to our adoring and loyal customers.
Our Crew Services Managers ensure and manage the provision of all administration matters relating to the ship’s company including officers, crew, concession staff and guest entertainers. It is an amazing opportunity to utilise your existing experience within our world renowned ships and their amazing crew!
In this role your duties will include but not limited to:
- Ensuring all crew have followed the correct signed on / off procedures as required
- Provide the necessary crew documentation for entry and departure at all ports including immigration, visas and customs lists
- Ensure all joining crew have original and valid copies of legally required paperwork, necessary for them to work onboard
- You will liaise with port agents, HR and logistics to ensure the crews’ welfare at all times and arrange cost effective transfers were & when required
- Manage the crew payroll and currency exchange and ensure the safe storage of all crew passports
- Respond immediately, positively and calmly to changing customer requirements and ensure that team members also respond appropriately
- As part of the on board HR department you will be required to provide support to the HR Manager as and when requested
To be considered for this role you will be expected to have experience managing a team where you create a positive working atmosphere and build a trusting and open environment. Due to the nature of legal compliance surrounding immigration documentation and payroll, you will be expected to have high levels of attention to detail. You will also be able to remain calm under high volume workload and take a logical approach to problem solving.
To apply for his role, we expect a minimum requirement of:
- Previous, proven office management experience
- Knowledge of VISAs, passports and immigration documentation
- Excellent computer skills, proficient in the use of MS office software
- Excellent planning and organisation skills
- Cash handling / payroll experience
- Cruise Ship experience desirable
We are currently recruiting to fill anticipated roles in 2017 and beyond. Please note that throughout the Recruitment & On boarding process you may not be advised of a start date. If you are successful, sufficient notice will be provided when we have a ship and start date for you.
Work Experience Requirements
All applicants must have previous experience in working on a Cruise Ship, in a 4/5* Hotel or in an Upscale Restaurant.
A world of excitement, fun and possibilities
A market leader in the cruise industry, we operate ships all over the world. We’re most widely recognised by our famous brand names P&O Cruises and Cunard Line.
Working together, it’s our mission to be the most successful - the most spectacular - cruise company in Britain. To do this, we focus on providing the finest cruise experience for each and every customer. And of course, this isn’t possible without the skill and commitment of our people on board and ashore. That’s where you come in.
P&O Cruises is the largest cruise operator in the UK and, perhaps, the best-known in the world. Working on board the seven-ship fleet of Aurora, Oriana, Arcadia, Adonia, Oceana, Ventura and Azura, you’ll have the opportunity to experience luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, the Baltic, the Norwegian Fjords, the Caribbean, the Atlantic Islands, and round-the-world voyages.
Cunard Line offers the only regular transatlantic crossing service on board the world famous Queen Mary 2. The 1,968-passenger Queen Victoria, launched in November 2007, undertakes a number of different voyages, while the latest ship, the Queen Elizabeth, joined the fleet in Autumn 2010.
It takes great passion and real commitment to maintain our position at the top. That’s why we’re always looking for people, both shipboard and shoreside, who share our obsession and drive to provide the most memorable experiences imaginable.
This is your chance to join us on our journey.