First Deck Officer
The first Officer is in charge of ship navigation. He/she must ensure a safety conduction of Navigation and Manoeuvrings Operations during a watch.
- Makes daily stability calculations;
- Maintains all tank, cofferdam and void spaces;
- Keeps the official ship certificates;
- Keeps and improves, with the Master, the work safety on board;
- Arranges continual training on safety work procedures for all personnel under his direct charge;
- Prepares planned approaches for the Master's approval.
- Fluent English, oral and written. Any additional language is considered an advantage;
- Certificate of Competency IMO STCW Cap II/2;
- Satisfy the requirements of the laws of the Flag State of the ship regarding health & physical requirements;
- Extensive Successful Experience in a similar position within Cargo or Other Cruise Company;
- Basic Windows based programs knowledge;
- Sound supervisory skills;
- Substantial interpersonal, oral, written communication and negotiation skills;
- Proven ability to work in a harmonious productive team environment, exercising authority, diplomacy, and impartiality;
- A recognised medical certification is required before starting to work onboard.
- USA VISA if in possess
You will need valid STCW certificates to apply for this position. Find an STCW course near you.
Good knowledge of the English language is required.
- Accommodation Jobs (56)
- Beauty Jobs (49)
- Casino Jobs (10)
- Child Care Jobs (25)
- Deck Jobs (39)
- Engine Jobs (102)
- Entertainment Jobs (141)
- Food & Beverage Jobs (372)
- Guest Services Jobs (65)
- IT Jobs (9)
- Land Based Jobs (165)
- Management Jobs (30)
- Medical Jobs (15)
- Office Jobs (44)
- Photography Jobs (18)
- Retail Jobs (41)
- Shore Excursions Jobs (25)
- Sport & Fitness Jobs (11)
- Other Jobs (14)